Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:18 pm 

Many of the EX MCs do have mirror mounts. The one I got for my H1 does as well as the matching clutch lever. Both have the same (8mm?) threads and will accept the stock mirrors. :thumbup: (or the black Z1 mirrors like I got) :e11

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:52 pm 

Three Pipes a Smokin

Where did you get your Caliper and Master setup with the clutch lever also ?.....fleabay....or somewhere else, I am ready to buy a setup.

THX Phil

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:06 pm 

I found them on fleabay, I look for calipers with the MC still connected, even if you use new hoses it's a better chance that a sealed system is not pitted or stuck, plus you know the MC is made to work with the caliper you have! :thumbup: Just look at the pics good to see the mirror mounts on the MC and clutch lever too. I got lucky twice, I recently picked up another set for my S3! Spent less than $45 on brakes and clutch including shipping. :wave:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:53 am 

ThreePipesSmokin

yep, I bought all the stuff last night on flea bay, some looked like total junk, some looked OK........could not see the brake switch on the one that I bought, if it's not there rocymountainatv.com sells the switch for $22.....but it was a complete connected system.......I also bought a new clutch perch to match, rebuild kits for Master and Caliper, EBC HH pads.

Also: FYI.... There is a left side and a right side caliper......I found the holy grail PIC that showed a dual disc setup where it went from the Master down to the right caliper, then a second hose came up over the fender to the left caliper........I kept seeing some with the big piston to the back with the boomerang bracket underneath (most of them).....this is the right side, then a couple of them had the boomerang bracket underneath with the big piston towards the front (which is the trailing edge per MOO) and the bleeder towards the front, this would be the left side caliper.........the Big Piston should always go towards the front of the bike, regardless of which side it is on.........left is what I want to use because the stainless 3 holed hub cover looks awesome with the EXCEL rims

May need to get a longer speedo cable as Moo suggested if I do a left side towards the rear mounting........wonder if motion pro will make one or who does ?

Also going to get a custom stainless braided line made....speigler I think.....HVCcycle, Brad said he can order anything you want.

Thank You Guys Much for the direction !
Phil

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:32 pm 

The KE 100 speedo cable should solve the cable length issue if mounted on the back of the slider on the left side. It should be a straight swap. :thumbup: I believe I purchased mine from Motion Pro when I did my EX caliper upgrade.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:59 pm 

Mike

10-4 Man, thats good info there, I would prefer it on the back on the left of the bike, thats what I will get.........also, I did a search on Speiglar Brake Lines, their plant is 8 miles from my house, will probably drop by there and have a line made when I get my parts in next week, then I can post that info back here to the site.

THX Phil

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:07 pm 

If you're going to run low bars, you may not need or want a new cable.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:16 pm 

Jim

10-4, I will check it first when I get my gauges back from Don Fulsang in FLA, he is restoring them. I have the low rise (maybe 3") pro bars I beleive they call them, kind of like them as that keep you a bit forward on the bike, they are kind of wide too. I just thought of something though....the gauge pod will be in the same spot mounted as standard.......I will check before blowing some more money though.....I know I could use a slightly shorter throttle and clutch cable.

THX Phil

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:25 pm 

Oh yeah. :lol: I was thinking of clutch and brake stuff. It's been a long time, but I think my speedometer cable is stock. You can see it under my left caliper in the photo at the top of the page.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:36 pm 

To All

What would be the best brake fluid to run in the EX500 brake system.......I was reading on bleeding of brakes post, somebody mentioned Silicone Dot 5.......maybe it doesn't eat paint (I don't know)........I think I had to get Dot 3 (maybe Dot 4) I beleive for my stock setup. I do have a buddys vacuum pump that I can use to bleed the system when I get it built, will probably pull it from the bleeder and just keep filling the master cylinder till purged.

THX Phil

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next