Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:27 pm 

This is Battleax's H1A, wishing a Merry Christmas to all my brother Triples out there. I have seen my owner write a Christmas letter to his family and friends, so I thought I might do the same for you guys.
It has been a pretty good year in our Triple family (me along with my younger brothers, H2 and S3) now my owner is home all day. For instance, he felt I needed a refresh on my crankshaft, so he sent it off to Charlie Smith and he really spiffed it up! I was back together and ready to go by Spring.
Me and H2 gained another little brother late last Fall with the rebirth of S3, we were worried we might get less exercise with the new addition, and might have, but not noticeably.
The three of us had some road trips this year, first on a road ride, where my owner's two boys and he went on a long evening ride on all of us! That was fun but H2 had to keep showing off, he's a little more muscular than me and S3. But I remember there was many a day when I showed HIM a tail light. I just knew if my owner kept tinkering with Muscle Boy he'd get stronger, I suppose it was inevitable...
We went on another trip to a classic bike show, we got 1st (Muscle Boy), 2nd (Yours Truly) and 3rd (S3) places in the show. I'm better looking but MB gets all the attention because he's bigger.
S3 has been a welcome addition to our little group, I thought he was going to be a wimpy thing, but our owner helped him out a bit and he can pretty well hold his own in big bike company.
S3 didn't start our year out on a good note, he elbowed me and H2 out of our annual trip to Deals Gap, I hoped it rained on him every day! H2 and I had some sour comments when he got home, but being family we got over it.
Well I just thought I'd give you all an update and say Merry Christmas, I hope your owners will buy you something nice for the holiday. I'm hoping for a new back tire, mine is looking kind of embarrassing. Say hello to your families!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by battleax on Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:30 pm 

You and your family have a great Christmas, Joe.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:16 pm 

Thanks Joe - nice! Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year to you, yours and everyone else in my triple family. :wave:

My bike year has been fun but doing a lot more dirt bike riding rather than street. I've freshened up my two 1979 IT175's and did a major refresh on the CR500 couple years ago so taking them out in the mountains here has been a blast. My favorite area (10K-11K feet) is usually snow bound by now but it's not and weekends have been in the 50-60 range.

I winterized October when we had our first light snow but nothing since and if warm weather continues at 6800 feet (home) I'll keep riding.

I have been riding all bikes including the H2 and the DT400 occasionally. Nothing long but around town and such pulling the small wheelie now and then.

"IF" we ever get winter I'll have to stabil again.....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:53 am 

Love it Joe! :lol:
That was good. Merry Christmas!

"Let's keep your crankshaft great!"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:09 am 

Very nice Joe.
Has the Z1 in the background been naughty?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:28 am 

Merry Christmas Joe!!!

Stay in it when it comes on the pipe, no need to be scared...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:15 am 

Retro 3 wrote:

Was wondering the same thing!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:59 am 

Stev-o wrote:
Retro 3 wrote:

That was a bike over for some repairs and a tune up, it turned out well and the owner was pumped how good it ran after some attention. If you rode the Z1 and the H2 you would see the difference is incredible. The Z1 even without its 4 into 4 pipes is a massive thing to ride comparing it directly with the H2. The motor sounds great and has good low rpm power, in contrast the H2 feels light, powerful and completely unruly. In the day the H2 was about $1000 cheaper.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:40 pm 

battleax wrote:
Stev-o wrote:
Retro 3 wrote:

That was a bike over for some repairs and a tune up, it turned out well and the owner was pumped how good it ran after some attention. If you rode the Z1 and the H2 you would see the difference is incredible. The Z1 even without its 4 into 4 pipes is a massive thing to ride comparing it directly with the H2. The motor sounds great and has good low rpm power, in contrast the H2 feels light, powerful and completely unruly. In the day the H2 was about $1000 cheaper.

I have both and agree, the Z1 is so much bigger [it has the 4-4 pipes].

While the H2 seems quicker, the Z1 is faster...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:31 pm 

Good stuff Joe.

Merry Christmas!