Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Biggest Jerk
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:14 pm 

Last month while on our annual ADV ride in Maine I broke my ankle when the 990 didn't take well to some Quad Ruts. Anyway, yesterday I got out of the cast and got into a walking boot. This morning I pull up to Cumberland Farms and parked in one of the gas lanes. I walk up through an open parking space toward the front door, I admit not too briskly but OK. All of a sudden about half way through the parking space and maybe 10 feet from the door I hear somebody banging on the horn right behind me. I figure, "What Ahole friend of mine is behind me busting my chops?" Well to my surprise it was a thirty something, possible construction worker, in a beat up headlight frosted 90's era Taurus. I just turned around and looked at him with a WTF? look. Never saw him inside but appeared to be just another Douche Bag mad at the world and blaming everyone else for his issues. That, for whatever it's worth, was my take on him.

Just had to get that off my chest.

Post subject: Re: Biggest Jerk
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:47 pm 

Attachment:
stupidfolks.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:10 pm 

Like an increasing number of our population in today's times, they want what they want immediately, before and ahead of anyone else, like the people who cut in and out of traffic, highway or streets, causing near accidents because they just have to be in front of everyone, and everyone is just in their way. Just a-holes being themselves.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:38 am 

dont worry about it ,Some people are just so important and are in such a hurry , did I say how ignorant they are :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:29 am 

Just remember as young and dumb as some are ( myself included some days) eventually we will ALL be "in the way" Life has a way about it for sure.
Stuff like that always reminds me of this scene

https://youtu.be/7lYVggyHRkY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:34 pm 

I broke my leg playing hockey some years ago and I can relate to your story. I was on crutches for 8 weeks and had to drive my wife's car because I couldn't push the clutch on my Mustang..it's amazing what you CAN'T do while on crutches..little things like carry your coffee back to your desk. But the big surprises for me were always who it was that would actually assist you - some folks would look you right in the eye as you hobbled along, and race you through a door, letting it slam in your face! But then one night, I went to pick up Chinese food at a somewhat grimy local strip-mall: as I parked the car, I noticed a group of tough-looking teens with backwards caps, loitering and smoking on the sidewalk. As I reached in the back seat for my crutches, one of them came over and got them for me..then another held open the door to the Chinese food joint...to top it off, they waited until I finished paying for my giant bag of chicken balls and moo goo guy pan, and helped me get back into the car. Who knew?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:53 pm 

Attachment:
16832366_10210076240994821_4792051150760896491_n.jpg

I recently broke my ankle & leg in an Adventure bike accident. In my case, i was surprised & very happy with the assistance that people offered, there are soooo many nice people out there.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:48 pm 

Hope you heal quickly Peter.

When I blew out my left knee and had to have it reconstructed ( patellar graft in place of my ACL ) , I found that most people were quite helpful. Those that weren't were verbally abused by other folks.

Plus karma can carry a pretty big stick. One teenager ran in front of me when I was on crutches and pulled the door closed, laughed and then proceeded to walk into the other door somebody was holding open for me at a local store. Instant bloody nose :lol:

Jeff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:15 am 

ktmguy wrote:
Last month while on our annual ADV ride in Maine I broke my ankle when the 990 didn't take well to some Quad Ruts. Anyway, yesterday I got out of the cast and got into a walking boot. This morning I pull up to Cumberland Farms and parked in one of the gas lanes. I walk up through an open parking space toward the front door, I admit not too briskly but OK. All of a sudden about half way through the parking space and maybe 10 feet from the door I hear somebody banging on the horn right behind me. I figure, "What Ahole friend of mine is behind me busting my chops?" Well to my surprise it was a thirty something, possible construction worker, in a beat up headlight frosted 90's era Taurus. I just turned around and looked at him with a WTF? look. Never saw him inside but appeared to be just another Douche Bag mad at the world and blaming everyone else for his issues. That, for whatever it's worth, was my take on him.

Just had to get that off my chest.

Some people are just self important a-holes. I have gotten horns honked at me because I stopped for a school bus that was letting off kids.

Glad to hear that the ankle is healing up.