Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Who was No. 17?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:38 pm 

I call 500's the learners class, no action on those little things, got bored after one season....... :e11 :e11

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:46 am 

was the same on french production race than in Aussie excepted we were allowed to put off speedo and side stand and we must puit off front light and rear light and central stand but every thing else should be standart excepted the bar and tyres must be road tyres, fairing were allowed too but must be for road bike, no doulbe discs on H2 allowed until 1978 as there was only optional :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:12 pm 

I don't remember a Rokon manufactured Snowflake mag, but, I do remember a Kim-Tab Snowflake mag wheel back then. We used Morris 7 spoke Mag wheels, Morris was on the other side of the wall from the race shop in Santa Ana. There was also an earlier mag, 6 spoke, much like the Morris, made by Ira Hassad, in San Diego.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:06 pm 

H2RTuner wrote:
Yvon duHamel, Canadian citizen, and American Team Kawasaki Road Race premier rider.

That was a LONG time ago.

EDIT: I am very surprised that a triples lover does not know the true legends of their bike's heritage.

Gregg Hansford, Murray Sayle, Yvon duHamel, Hurley Wilvert, Art Baumann, Gary Nixon, Cliff Carr, Tony Micosia, Jack Murphy, Bob Hansen, and a host of others that are literally legends in the sport of motorcycling and Kawasaki history, aren't even known to some.

Even my old friend, Kenny Roberts, rode and raced an H1R at one time.

Just a thought, would there be any interest in another board here, "Kawasaki Triples History", about the bikes and people that made them the greatness they are today???? I realize there are other sections for some of these things, this one would be strictly about triples legend and history. John would know best to do with this.

Even "Small Parts" (Paul Smart).

How could you leave out Kork Ballington, Warren Willing, Mick Grant, shame on you :P

1973 H2-A
2000 F650GS BMW

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:25 pm 

husson73 wrote:
was the same on french production race than in Aussie excepted we were allowed to put off speedo and side stand and we must puit off front light and rear light and central stand but every thing else should be standart excepted the bar and tyres must be road tyres, fairing were allowed too but must be for road bike, no doulbe discs on H2 allowed until 1978 as there was only optional :mrgreen:

Same JP, all lights had to be removed or taped up, stands and mirors removed, drain plugs and filler plugs had to be wired up, tyres could be replaced with race spec treaded tyres, but everything else had to stay, speedo, tacho, horn etc.

The most famous production race here was the Castrol Six Hour, Kawasaki has the most wins in this event.
I loved going to the Six Hour, 73 was my first time.
http://www.the6hour.com.au/content/history1970.html

1973 H2-A
2000 F650GS BMW

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:03 am 

Recently here, I was brow beaten and scolded for so called attaching "nicknames" to contemporary riders. The ONLY nickname I ever attached to anyone was to my very great friend, the late Warren Willing. It stuck, and it wasn't bad...WW-1. Those guys, Baz, we're bigger than life, and level headed, good guys, all. They raced because they loved to.

No, I haven't forgotten any of them, not one.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:17 am 

H2RTuner wrote:

Gregg Hansford, Murray Sayle, Yvon duHamel, Hurley Wilvert, Art Baumann, Gary Nixon, Cliff Carr, Tony Micosia, Jack Murphy, Bob Hansen, and a host of others that are literally legends in the sport of motorcycling and Kawasaki history, aren't even known to some.

Wow! Good history lesson here. :thumbup: I'm embarrassed to say I didn't recognize most of the names there. I only knew Gary Nixon and now know Tony Nicosia. I think you typo'd his name. Just for clarification for those that don't know, it is "Nicosia" not "Micosia". ;)

"Let's keep your crankshaft great!"

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:36 am 

BazNSW wrote:
husson73 wrote:

Same JP, all lights had to be removed or taped up, stands and mirors removed, drain plugs and filler plugs had to be wired up, tyres could be replaced with race spec treaded tyres, but everything else had to stay, speedo, tacho, horn etc.

The most famous production race here was the Castrol Six Hour, Kawasaki has the most wins in this event.
I loved going to the Six Hour, 73 was my first time.
http://www.the6hour.com.au/content/history1970.html
I know this fabulous site about that iis also a fabulous race the Castrol six hours excepted can't log in the site since months (or years even). :wtf:

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:25 am 

http://www.the6hour.com.au/ Lot of History, right here. Great Story about Joe Eastmure, who "won" on a 350 (315?) Suzuki.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:41 pm 

Thanks Rod always great stories on those race :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next