Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:51 am 

Have signed NY. registration card, And its a '72...
I have 2 bottom ends,one is disassembled, the one from this bike is together, 3 jugs and heads, carbs, pistons look shot, so the bores probably shabby, extra cables nos, but it 'seems' to all be there as far as the engine,; missing is tail light lense, rear bar around seat, and what ever isnt pictured body wise.
The pipes are rusted thru on the bottoms.

I am thinking about taking it to the Harrisburg swap meet, and want to place a fair $ amount without 'giving it away'
Steve

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:47 am 

$1 per cc max 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:11 am 

On this forum we help or ask for help to rebuild Kawasaki triples, not to quantify or value them, I suggest you go off and do your own research. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:22 am 
Site Admin

tankie wrote:
On this forum we help or ask for help to rebuild Kawasaki triples, not to quantify or value them, I suggest you go off and do your own research. :lol:

Nothing wrong about asking for value.... what is distasteful is asking for parts/help to flip a bike.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:04 am 

:thumbup: Well done.

c

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:04 pm 

First of all, is a NY signed registration card the equivalent of a clear title in other states that require a title? That would factor in the bikes overall worth. Aside from that, and just going by your description of the unseen parts and condition of those parts, I'd simply hang a For Sale sign on this at the meet with $700 OBO on it, and see what happens. And as the day goes on, if you need to adjust the price down due to lack of serious interest, you can always do so. And in the end, if you do end up only selling it for $1/cc to someone who will get this back on the road or just needs it for parts to help restore his/her other project S2, then if you're good with that...bingo! Good luck.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:52 pm 
Site Admin

The problem is, the S series are still catching up in popularity, but are still more expensive to restore and find parts for than the H1 or H2.

Last edited by Ja-Moo on Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:43 am 

500.00 is fair with all the unknowns.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:19 am 

Hello ocdh! As you can see in my profile I am from Jarrettsville. In what town are you located?

"Let's keep your crankshaft great!"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:11 pm 

kawi3cyl wrote:
First of all, is a NY signed registration card the equivalent of a clear title in other states that require a title?

It is for pre 73 , however if it's signed in the buyer and seller space and the buyers name is not your name its the same as having no paper work at all, unless of course you are the registered owner then all you need is a new transfer stub.

On value I'd really like a 72 S2 so myself I go 500 and call that generous, I think that's more than it's worth, realistically it's a 300 dollar bike imop, but word is the value is whatever anyone is willing to pay for it so you could get lucky at Harrisburg .

1974 Yamaha RD350