Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:33 am 

Jørgen, a customer sent me some photos of his new stainless Denco replicas we made for him. Obviously he had them polished.

Before:

After:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:57 am 

im going to have to talk to jim l about those blue wires... :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:55 pm 

Wow, those are such classy and nice looking pipes. Your welder must be VERY talented as well :thumbup: :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:07 pm 

Thanks Jorgan. It's always fun for me to see them mounted on a customer's triple.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:00 am 

when will you make Denco RR copy :?:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:38 am 

At this point, it's not even clear that Denco ever produced RR pipes. :?: I've seen one photo that appears to show a standard set that was modified by someone.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:37 pm 

Jim wrote:
At this point, it's not even clear that Denco ever produced RR pipes. :?: I've seen one photo that appears to show a standard set that was modified by someone.

The plus side of that Jim is that you could therefore conceivably be the first and originator of these non-existent pipes, if in fact nobody can solidly document the RR's were ever mass produced. Bottom line is they would probably sell. :think:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:48 pm 
Site Admin

Tony said he made one set for himself, there were never production RR pipes.......

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:58 am 

At least several were made, but may have been copies.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:51 pm 

Ja-Moo wrote:
Tony said he made one set for himself, there were never production RR pipes.......

Huh?

I've had 3 or 4 sets of Denco Roadrace pipes over the years. I have an original Denco brochure somewhere that lists them as "pipe kits" where they sold sections and those goofy rear hangers.... but I would bet good money there were sets that were welded at the Fremont shop. All of the pipes I've owned had "denco-quality" welds... Meaning, the welding looked like the SS and Killer welds. None of them were home-jobs, that is for absolute certain.

A couple of sets (that appeared to never have been altered/modified) even had DENCO stickers. Not to mention the gold-colored zinc plating of the manifolds matched regular street/killer pipes as well.

Denco RR pipes do exist.

This set of pipes are believed to be the last set of chambers to leave Denco AFTER they closed. A local guy (here in Minnesota) had ordered these pipes and had a set of Cylinders being ported when the bank closed the doors. Rusty Jones was able to get into the building, get the guys pipes and cylinders and finished the porting... I believe he then went on to start "Flo-Power".. The cylinders had "Denco King Cobra" stamped on them along side "Flo-Power".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next