Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: New Here
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:21 am 

Nice :thumbup: I like the GT's 8-)

Those yellowed lens might buff out with an automotive headlight polishing kit :idea: , I used a 3M kit on my yellowed headlights worked real good....

1974 Yamaha RD350

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:43 pm 

I'll try to polish them out later this week. Thanks for the tip. I'm gonna register it with historic plates and take it to the cruise in on Friday. I can't wait!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:12 am 

Well I've been out riding the 1973 GT250K and it's blast! I'll figure out how to post photos and get a few up. I think the neatest thing about it is the way some people look at it. They know its old by the way it looks and by the way it sounds. Theres no mistaking that;) It's like having a pre ban machinegun;)

I never did get that username straightened up on the Suzuki board. I guess I'll have to post here as my email address is in the system but won't let me log on.

Ride safe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:40 am 

A lot of us rode a Suzuki 250 2-stroke back in the day, '68 T20 here, and it gave us our first 2-stroke 'hit' - you will be welcome on the 'Kawasaki' board!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:10 am 

Great find ! I understand what you mean, my first street bike was a DS7 Yamaha (I started a build post in this forum) and I am bringing it back to riding condition.
Fortunatly It is my original bike. :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:22 am 

Nomadmax wrote:
Well I've been out riding the 1973 GT250K and it's blast! I'll figure out how to post photos and get a few up. I think the neatest thing about it is the way some people look at it. They know its old by the way it looks and by the way it sounds. Theres no mistaking that;) It's like having a pre ban machinegun;)

I never did get that username straightened up on the Suzuki board. I guess I'll have to post here as my email address is in the system but won't let me log on.

Ride safe

hi nomad ,shall i give the mods another poke or do you want to leave it.
cheers mark

73 KAWASAKI H1 (Sold).
82 YAMAHA RD350LC
2000 KAWI KDX200H
2001 Triumph TT600

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:28 am 

If you could I'd appreciate it. I've been looking around over there and there's a couple of guys I'd like to get in touch with specifically. One of them goes by SmokeyAllan. He apparently restores Suzuki gauges and I'm sure there are some other Suzuki specific resources I could use.

All that aside. I rode the GT some more and it just really takes me back to when I was 16 and was riding mine. The sound, the smell, it's just great! This from a guy who has ridden alot of motorcycles, alot of miles.

One of the fuel lines to one of the carbs broke while I was in the middle of nowhere yesterday (lucky I didn't burst into flames). Nobody was available to bring my truck so I just sat for a minute and thought. Then it came to me. I pulled the left side cover and there she was in all her glory; the battery vent tube! I cut a section, replaced it and rode to the Suzuki dealer.

The mechanics all heard me coming up the road and had stepped out of the shop to see. I wheeled up and said "I got the extended warranty on this bike when it was new and a fuel line just broke; I'd like to get a man on this ASAP!" They all broke out laughing and I got my fuel line replaced;)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:40 am 

Good story :lol: - I had a beautiful gold and chrome '68 T500 Cobra, and man, the girls used to like that bike!! :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:05 pm 

Nomadmax wrote:
If you could I'd appreciate it. I've been looking around over there and there's a couple of guys I'd like to get in touch with specifically. One of them goes by SmokeyAllan. He apparently restores Suzuki gauges and I'm sure there are some other Suzuki specific resources I could use.

All that aside. I rode the GT some more and it just really takes me back to when I was 16 and was riding mine. The sound, the smell, it's just great! This from a guy who has ridden alot of motorcycles, alot of miles.

One of the fuel lines to one of the carbs broke while I was in the middle of nowhere yesterday (lucky I didn't burst into flames). Nobody was available to bring my truck so I just sat for a minute and thought. Then it came to me. I pulled the left side cover and there she was in all her glory; the battery vent tube! I cut a section, replaced it and rode to the Suzuki dealer.

The mechanics all heard me coming up the road and had stepped out of the shop to see. I wheeled up and said "I got the extended warranty on this bike when it was new and a fuel line just broke; I'd like to get a man on this ASAP!" They all broke out laughing and I got my fuel line replaced;)

will do nomad , i had allen do my gt750 gages ,super job he did . he is my goto guy for anything "suzuki tech".
will let you know .
cheers mark

73 KAWASAKI H1 (Sold).
82 YAMAHA RD350LC
2000 KAWI KDX200H
2001 Triumph TT600

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:31 am 

I got on the Suzuki 2 Stroke site! Thank you very much :mrgreen: I've run down some small issues with the 73 GT and it's 100% rideable. I'm hoping to take it to the cruise in on Friday if the weather isn't foul. Is it wierd that I'll ride my Road King in rain, dirt roads, salt or whatever but I won't ride the old Suzukis if it looks like a sprinkle?

I'm gonna contact Allen and do the 73 gauges after the riding season is over. Then I'll have him do the 76 ones. I do have a motive for hanging out here. The man that taught me how to ride a MC whenI was 10 had and H1. While I don't have time for another project, if I find one available and it's within my reach I'm gonna get one. Ronnie could ride that thing like Motzart could play a piano. And from what I understand about those bikes, thats saying something.

Any year would do.