Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:55 am 

Got it sorted :thumbup: I tried 2 different programs I made and one with both solenoids on throughout the rev range. So my problem was a rich
missfire. With more air it runs clean to redline. What threw me with my jetting was it ran good before I redid the top end. The first 3 quick rides with the
new top end it ran good too. Once the rings must have seated, super rich. I have way rich jetting in the 32mm carbs because I thought they where 34's.
32's should be running 240 in left 250 in right. I have 270 left and 280 right. My 34mm carbs should be here next week and my pipes in a couple of weeks.
From what I read, these RGV's like to be jetted one or two sizes down on the mains with aftermarket chambers, strange. So after all this I learn that a rich
misfire and can feel just like a ignition breakdown. :shock:

Last edited by 67lotus49 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:03 pm 

That modern two-stroke sounds more finicky than our old triples Ron... :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:38 pm 

Good deal you found it. It should be a joy once the new pipes and carbs come in.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:31 pm 

To answer your question about jetting - The fresh top end is probably doing a much better job at sucking on the intake tract, which will draw more fuel through a given jet size.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:03 pm 

My Tyga exhaust showed up Thursday and I just finished installing it. Super nice quality and such a good price with the exchange rate. I was
concerned that it may be to loud but not much more that the stock system. Still waiting for my 34mm carbs and then it will be making full power.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:58 am 

My 34mm carbs arrived yesterday and I cleaned, jetted and installed them last night. I dropped the needle jets by one size and reprogramed my
Zeeltronic with less duty solenoid time so it won't leaned it out so much. Took the bike for a quick ride and it's running much better than it ever has before.
Now I can focus on getting the bike to look better. Going to powder coat the steel rear subframe and the front fairing brackets. Have a stock decal
set on the way and will give the bike a new paint job. It's been quite a steep learning curve but great to finally experience what it's like to ride a proper
running RGV.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:37 pm 

Hello Author of this issue. Glad you had this post at some point and shared the resolution with all. I have an incoming RGV VJ22 and seems like it has the same issue.If you don’t mind me connecting with you offline, what is the best way to reach you! to learn from your experience.I am in San Jose , CA.