Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: NTN EC bearings
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:43 am 

NTN France just confirmed to me that they can still supply the EC ball bearings in the sizes mentioned in this pdf:

http://www.ntn.co.jp/english/products/p ... 26-027.pdf

These were used on the H2-R and KR750 crankshafts and have two orange plastic rings in the outer race to prevent the race from rotating in the bore. Unfortunately the EC roller bearings have been discontinued :( , these were used on the H1-R crankshafts. However, I have seen a brand-new H1-R crankshaft, still in its original box, which had three 205 EC roller bearings and three 305 EC ball bearings. Presumably this crankshaft was intended for the ill-fated air-cooled 1974 H1-Rs (my private designation H1-RB) ridden by Christian Léon and (occasionally) Yvon Duhamel, as it was part of a large haul of racing parts which came from France- though sadly not MY haul of parts. I suppose Kawasaki considered using the 305 EC rollers overkill. Will find out about the H1-RW's main bearing types.

So for anybody restoring or racing a Triple, you can now use original type main bearings! :mrgreen: