Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:04 pm 

Can't remember the guys name (maybe Eric from PA?) but he was building a twin engine triple drag bike.
Anyone know if he's made much progress?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:45 pm 

He's not the guy with the YouTube videos, is he? That guy had two or three videos of his progress, and the last one had him riding it up and down his street, spinning the rear tire, and then telling the camera it needed a bigger one.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:04 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah it was Eric, no progress for a long time....... :eh:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:21 am 

yep it was Eric he seems to have gone ! was watching that with great interest especially now that myself and a fellow triples nut own the rainbow chaser triple triple 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:21 pm 

Here is the vid of his bike running :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_2lqoobl6s

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:51 pm 
Site Admin

GOTZ wrote:
Here is the vid of his bike running :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_2lqoobl6s

That's not Eric........ :wtf:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:46 pm 

That,s Ted,i met him prob about 10yrs ago at a Mopar do in Carisle

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 7:51 am 

Like many projects of this type Eric may have run in to a $$$ issue and or detail issues caused by not thinking the build through, many times the details are what kill this type of undertaking.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:26 am 

Hey Guys,
Yes that double on You Tube is owned by my good buddy Ted who lives in Jersey. He came up with the double idea years ago but like Merlin said $$$$ is always a problem. He has so many projects going at the same time its a wonder he gets any of them done. Workaholic. This guy has got some nice stuff and it all works great. 73 H2 with Johns reeds that is so smooth and torquey, great bike on the hiway. It has 16/40 gearing and just chugs along. True testament to how good JA's reeds really are. He has a BSA lightning 650 that has been converted to a left side shift. It is so nice some judges at a bike show thought there was a kit made that they did not know about. This guy really is a genius.
The reason I am writting today is because I got to ride the double engine bike that was featured on You Tube. All I can say is wow! He has since relocated the footpegs and controls since the video was shot. This bike is so nice. It is almost disappointing because it really does sound like one H2. We did not know what it was going to sound like but because everything is in perfect sync it just a little louder than a piped H2 single engine. The wheelbase of course is long but not bad and the ground clearance is also good. Shifting is also nice as is the clutch operation. It runs with one clutch and one trans the front engine still has the clutch shaft but only is used as an idler to transfer power to the rear engine. The clutch is a little stiff but he was worried it would slip so in went the Barnett springs. We may try to cryo the clutch release in the future and use some special ball bearings to make it easier.
Now on to the fun stuff. Riding it. Think about this Denco Killers, 34mm mikunis, ported cylinders and a very good tune. I would say CR90 specs so 90 hp is quite realistic. Now multiply by TWO, So lets say 180 hp!!! God Damn this bike is fun to ride. With the stock size rear tire it burns from a roll in First, second, and third gears. I saw him do it and I did it too and I weigh 220 lbs he is only 140 lbs. The rear tire is nice because it is easier on all the drive train , than having a giant 180mm radial. I cruised around the neighborhood and on the hiway and it never missed a beat except for running out of gas. Forgot to mention the 16 MPG. So we switched the petcock to reserve and it fired right up. So this is my ride report on the Double. Still trying to think of a name for it. Any ideas would be welcome. If you have any questions let me know. Thanks for reading.

Thad Q

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:39 am 

Thad Q. wrote:
Still trying to think of a name for it. Any ideas would be welcome.

Six Pack? :roll: