Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:17 am 

We just got back last night from this event up in Limestone, ME. I worked the event again but had the chance to run the H2 down the strip a few times. It was running a bit lean in the summer event but still ran a 124 in the mile but I didn't dare try to accelerate through to the traps at 1.5 miles for fear of seizing. I jetted up and refitted a small handlebar fairing for this event. After a warm-up run to make sure the engine wasn't detonating when run WFO for extended periods, I ran a 124 and 127 at the mile and 1.5 mile respectively. Hmmm, not as much improvement as I thought I should have. I *did* fit new sprockets and chain though, bumping up the c/shaft size, so maybe I wasn't revving out enough.

On my next run it was pulling hard and I was revving higher before shifting and considered just leaving it in 4th gear. Not sure how high it was actually turning as the tach isn't quite "stable" as most of you well know, lol. I upshifted to 5th and it started losing power. I ran it out but the bike just kept slowing. I don't know what was going on but it obviously wasn't good. Suffice it to say I had my hand on the clutch lever! There were no bad sounds and it wasn't detonating or anything, just losing power. I haven't unpacked yet but I guess it's time to install that new top end.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:48 am 

A GENUINE 127mph is fast for one of these bikes, you can feel happy with that :thumbup: