Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: LSR Report
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:47 am 

condolences to Bill Warner family and friends.

Post subject: Re: LSR Report
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:42 am 

BTW, I was running 14/47 gearing which Gearing Commander translates to 8200 rpm at 124.5 mph. Stock gearing at the same engine speed would have yielded 133 mph. I'll actually be running 16/47 with the ported cylinders which would have given 142 mph at the same engine speed (assuming I could have pulled it of course.) I'm pretty impressed with this relatively stock engine as it was still pulling pretty well given that jetting was "borderline" and that I wasn't able to hold it wide open for more than a second or two at a time.

As an anecdotal data point, with the bike (and handlebar fairing) on my open trailer on the way to the event, we got 27 mph with our Subaru Forester. On the way home (w/o the fairing) mileage dropped to 23 under similar speeds, conditions, etc. A better fairing is my first priority.

The only other 2-stroke there was a young guy with a 125cc Yamaha dirt bike. He can run about 100 mph stock and he added NOS which gave him another 15-20 mph. He seized it on Saturday afternoon at fairly high speed (90?) but grabbed the clutch pretty quickly. He said it "got his attention!"