Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Quizz
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:39 pm 

Judging by the background I'd say Paul Ricard, but admittedly it's nothing more than a wild guess.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:06 am 

A winner: French GP 500 1973 at Paul Ricard Track, the only race Patrick Pons ever did with an HIR -he did some races with a modified road H1 with special frame on 1971- , the bike seized many times during the trials and he didn't start for the GP 500 :x

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:36 pm 

Paul Ricard was the first GP of the 1973 season. Saarinen won on the new 500 Yam four, Read finished second on the 430 MV-4, Kanaya third (also on the Yam), Christian Léon fourth on an H1-RA. Agostini chose the 500 MV triple rather than the 430 four and crashed trying to catch Saarinen.
The second GP at the Salzburgring was a very wet race and both Read and Ago retired with water in the ignition. Saarinen won, Kanaya second.
There had been a lot of strikes in Italy, especially in the metal industry, in the first months of 1973 and as a result the full 500 MV was delayed until the third GP, Hockenheim, where Read won, leading from start to finish. Saarinen was close behind Read but could not get past and retired with a broken chain; Ago retired with a broken valve and Kanaya retired when his engine sucked in a stone.

Then came Monza.......

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:16 am 

Does anyone have information on the PLT H1 frame? So far I've found nothing at all.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:11 am 

I've, if you read french you've an interview of Pierre Louis TEBEC (PLT) on the french book Kawasaki 3 cylindres but few pictures excepted one of the later plastic frame.
More one of my friend still own one (or more exactly his uncle) Guillaume F. who his the guy who do all the work on my bike via his shop FGMS which is the former Patrick Pons PLT 500 bought by his uncle from Patrick Pons on 1972.

Have plenty of pictures and can have more but the bike is rather modified compare from the original. The original PLT frame is bullshit and Guillaume rebuilt the frame and swing arm and when I say rebuilt it's nearly a new creation.

if you need more pictures can do some as I see the bike very often.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:37 am 

Thank you very much for the photos! Do you have any of the bike without the fairing and the petrol tank? That way one can see the full frame better.
The rear brake looks like a standard early H1 brake without the air scoops. The front fork assy and brake are presumably a much later addition? The extra square tubes on the top of the swingarm look like a later modification as well.
The Offenstadt monocoques are of course well-known, and I've seen several photos of the Corki, but this one is totally new to me!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:09 am 

haven't but will do next time I will go to FGMS.
Of course front fork and front brakes are later adds :mrgreen: