Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:17 pm 

What do you mean, killed the yanks again, this was the first visit of a US team? Oh, but we were killed.....

1:52 on the H2R, I burned through my Dunlops and had an issue with the Conti I tried.

1:47 on the TZ750 posted on Sat. Compares to the 1:37 fastest challenge lap and a 1:30 from the WSB last weekend.
I low sided on Sunday morning and the bike was trashed..... Oh dear.

Dave

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:59 pm 

Well, that is a great effort, Dave, hope you can come back next year! And I might be able to get there with a spare H2 for parts!! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:21 am 

RODH2 wrote:
Well, that is a great effort, Dave, hope you can come back next year! And I might be able to get there with a spare H2 for parts!! :thumbup:

afraid he needs a spare H2R :P :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:29 am 

I lowsided the TZ, not the H2R.

Southern Loop, long left hander, 70-80mph, knee nicely sliding along, the front went, I fell a few inches and slid. The bike slid on its left side, caught, flipped totally upside down landing on its fairing, tank and seat, then flipped over the its right side.

I got up and saw the petrol/gas gushing out of the tank, grabbed it and ran away from the bike.

Every piece of bodywork on the bike was trashed including the tank that ruptured with a 3 inch gash. Various pipes bent and/or dented, handlebars levers bent or busted. It still appears straight but I will find out when the bike comes back next week.

Dave

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:46 am 

I have watched the Moto-GP bikes from directly behind, at Southern Loop - they are cranked over about 50 degrees, going over a crest, half way thru the turn. Definitely one of the best things I have seen in bike racing.....! No shame in falling off there! Once again Dave, fantastic effort! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:37 am 

And on the 25th-26th Winton.