Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:53 am 
Site Admin

I am beat!

Top temp of the day was 104 (I know a dry heat.... :crazy: )

For those who know me, I am a night owl and hate getting up early, so 6:30 am came wayyyy too early for me. I was already loaded up, so it was "off to the races". It was neat, on the way out there was a bunch of hot air balloons floating around. Adds a bit of color to the desert.

I had to set up the sun shade right away as it was already getting hot in the sun. The bike was all ready, but for pulling the kickstand. Turn out was low, probably because of the heat.

I had forgotten how fast they did practice, as it seemed as we just came in from ours, and got our helmets off, it was time to go out again! :wtf: This was the first time on the track with the new rear sets, they felt much better, but took a bit getting used to. things were feeling pretty good on the track. then the waiting game started, as my race is the second after lunch. So watched my buddies race in other classes, did a bit of bench racing. My GF came out and brought lunch. She couldn't take the heat, and left before my race. It's great that she came out anyway.

Finally my race came up (vintage middle weight) Light turn out, with 2 classes running (only one guy in the other class super street or something like that.) Since this was my first race of the season, I was gridded in back. The light went out and we took off, that's when I found out the super sport guy didn't have a clue how to do a race start and I was coming up on him fast. And then the front end came up a bit, and I had to let off the gas, the front dropped down hard enough, the right clip-on rotated down so everyone took off while I was pulling up on the bar. That just broke my concentration, as I was now worried the bar would slip again. I was a bit pissed as I wanted to see how I would do again one of the fast AHRMA guys (Jeremy R.) but he was gone! There is another fast guy that races a ZX10 and also rides for Hurley in vintage on Hurley's bike. So I knew he would be around close. After the first lap, Jeremy and the modern guy were gone, and I was running around with no one in front to video. My concentration was shot and I could not for the life of me get number 3 (the hairpin) correct and could have pushed the bike around faster I think. And not a lot better on the other corners. I started hearing Hurley's rider (Troy) on my tail, he was all over me in the corners, but I had a bunch of hp on him so would walk away in the straights. So that was a bit fun.

And that was about it, watched a few more races, packed up and left.

It's always a good race day when you don't fall down or break anything....... :thumbup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr0BsUki-1Y