Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:22 pm 

The porting specs for stock cylinders are all on the resource site. One place is here: http://www.kawtriple.com/mraxl/portdencospecs.html

I have no idea why it says 6mm off intake skirt on the "ultra stock" line, but just last night I was looking at that line and my cylinders, and everything else seems right.

The specs in degrees are in the Kaw Manual: http://www.3cyl.com/mraxl/manuals/hseries/page_013.pdf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:29 pm 

To echo what others have said, I'd take some basic measurements of where the ports are located, their width, etc. and compare to the specs. The skirts are cut a lot but maybe it makes sense with four gaskets lifting the cylinder that much. :?:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:38 pm 

Yes that is the only way. Between the stock specs being available and physically comparing the two ( stock and mine), there is no excuse for blindly going ahead. I sure appreciate everyone's input! Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:48 pm 
Site Admin

The offer still holds, If your deck height is 1.2mm with the cylinders snugged down, and you give me your ex and transfer height, I can give you your numbers.

I have a cylinder in right now to check the numbers. The PO said it was a rocket, but the numbers don't coincide with that. It should be a nice runner though. I think a bit of wives tales might be mixed in....... ;)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:05 am 

Googled the previous owner in Washington, finally! Caught him at home. The good news is he has the stock swingarm and agreed to sell it to me. The bad news is he said it ran killer, crank seals went, he actually did put a dry ass cosmolened NOS crank in it and it never ran as good again. No kidding? Lol. His angle is the stock replacement crank wasn't "blueprinted". My angle is those seals were still old, new from 72 ain't new. So some dude whose name started with a b in Portland Oregon built the motor. It was raced at PIR raceway for a few seasons. The pipes are wirges road race pipes that were redone with internal stingers to add silencers by some yahoo. That's all I know for now. Hopefully I'll carefully cold call him again and he will have remembered who built the motor.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:32 pm 

Update: The crank seals have tested good, I ordered thicker head gaskets from copper gaskets unlimited, and I'm lowering the cylinders to stock height. The ports aren't modified much in comparison to stock, mainly polished. I can always lift the cylinders later if it runs like crap. Which is a possibility due to the cut pistons. I'll keep the board posted.