Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:49 pm 

Couldn't get it via the link, flash player was uncooperative, so I just went to the web site and read it.

Love to see that series here.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:05 pm 

I've been going to the Island Classic for about seven years now - it's easily THE premier classic racing event in Australia and I wouldn't be surprised if it equals or shades a lot of similar events all over the world.

The bikes and the racing was superb again this year.
Phillip Island is a stunning location to watch racing of any kind, but to see beautiful classic machinery being flung around in anger is the icing on the cake.

Us Aussies got pipped by the Poms this year in the International Challenge series, but the racing was bloody fantastic.

It was great to see strong representation from the US too, with some beautiful machinery on display in the pits and on the track.
The sheer number of TZs especially this year was astounding - as a two-stroke nutter it's mind-blowing to see and hear them bang around.

For those here who made it down, please return next year and bring some of your friends if you can - I know I'm looking forward to it!

Some meagre pics of some of what was there this year (sorry, no Kawasakis :( ):

BTW, there weren't any H2s racing, and I only saw one amongst the spectators - I hope to have mine finished by this time next year to take down and show off.
I'll take some pics and post them up!

'76 RE5A
'80 GS1000ST
'82 GSX1100SZ
'82 GSX1100SXZ
'86 RG500G
'09 DR650SE
'10 GSX1300R