Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:30 pm 

I will be there Friday to Sunday, cant wait to see the mueseum, races, old triples!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:53 am 

Weekend over and just heading out. We had 500 racers out and all the events were super competitive, great racing!

No crashes apart from Lorraine who hit a pedestrian who walked straight in front of her.

Leo had a good time riding my H2R, no crashes this year!

I took wins on both days on my TZ750 in Open-GP and a win on Saturday on the Z1R in Superbike.

2nd's in F500 both days to a fast Yam 400 (460), 2nd in Superbike on Sunday.

Got totally messed up in F250 on the Horney. Saturday, I was dicing with two bikes for the lead and the top came off the carb. Sunday, a F750 jump the start from the group behind us, beat me to the first corner then for 3 laps rode by me on the straight and stopped in front of me in the corners. I finished 3rd.

F-Vintage, a very fast group, took 4th/5th each day on the TZ.

Daytona next weekend!

Dave

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:56 am 

Just found the lap times posted.

So I am sure you all wanted to know how fast can a Bighorn road racer go?

BH: 1 min 46.1
H1R: 1 min 46.6
H2R: From last year 1 min 43.7
Z1R: 1 min 43.7
TZ750: 1 min 44.7 (still lacking confidence in the rear tire)

So the answer is, at a technical track like Barber, bloody quick.

Dave

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:55 am 

It is a technical track all right.
My best on the H2R was 1.51, so a good 5 sec slower than Dave.
Am not used to race with steering damper and have always been slow in chicanes (two on this track) and low speed corners (1x).
With a powerfull bike as the H2R is (120 RWHP) it was exiting to go over crests (2x) on throttle: the bike would easily flip in 2nd or 3rd at anything more than half throttle. For me, being a small guy, the bike felt big. Hard to throw around. Only later I realized, my best laptimes were achived with a near empty fueltank. It holds about 5 galons so it does make a difference.
Oh well, thats how one learns things I guess.
It was great to see Dave dice with so many top guys. And he races the relatively slow BH is impressive, witnessed by the small difference in laptime between the TZ and Z1R. Weight of a bike is very important on this track with some tight corners and fast left/right transitions.
The slogan power is nothing without control is given a new meaning on this track!
Will try to arrange to enter both Barber and Datona next year!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:11 pm 
Site Admin

Technical/tighter tracks are sure an equalizer. Corner speed is everything. And Dave is definately not afraid of throwing it down in a corner. (as in very fast) I think the MotoGP bikes never got out of 3rd gear there.

Thanks for the write ups guys, I gotta get out there someday!

And Leo, keep spending time here, and your "flyweight" status will soon be gone........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you off to Daytona Dave?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:35 am 

Could not make it to Daytona after spending the 2 weeks before Barber in USA already.
Will arrange things differently next year, especialy now I have experienced Barber.
The atmosphere during the event is truely fanatastic.
Due to this, there will most likely be a larger group of Dutchies coming over next year.
It was good to experience and see, there is mutual respect for eachother on track with clean overtaking manouveres, not counting the few accidental near misses. Those are bound to happen when differences in speed are huge within one race session (50 RWHP and streettires vs 185 RWHP and slicks).