Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Great information.....
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:55 pm 
Site Admin

And from what I have heard, it doesn't matter what state you are in....... :thumbup:

Please tell us your story.......

http://www.2strokeworld.com/forum/index ... ic=10002.0

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 3:05 pm 

This works just fine.
In fact I just received my tag and temp registration from Vermont today.
Took about 10 days. The permanent registration should be here within the next week.
Here's the form http://dmv.vermont.gov/sites/dmv/files/pdf/DMV-VD119-Vehicle_Reg_Tax_Title_App.pdf.
Just follow the instructions on the second page.
One of the sticklers is that the VIN verification has to be done be an approved agent.
Here in FL, a Sheriffs Deputy is fine, but you have to include, on County Letterhead,
a statement verifying the Deputy is indeed employed by the county.
I had the deputy give me just that and his business card. Worked.
I also included a copy of the bill of sale.
Next item is that you need to call the Vermont DMV to get a correct tax amount.
(802) 828-2000
Current value for a 1972 H2 is $1058.00. So you get to pay tax at that value.
Total cost for everything was $147.84.
Once I receive the formal registration, I'll take it and the tag down to the FL DMV and see how it goes.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 3:10 pm 

There's a guy in Maine that will handle it for you for a small fee also.
Don't know him, haven't used him, just found him while searching just like you're doin'!!!
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=19695.0

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:45 pm 

sfront wrote:
Current value for a 1972 H2 is $1058.00. So you get to pay tax at that value.

That is what I paid for a new one in 1972!! :shock:

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:17 pm 

If you buy a CL bike with no title and unknown to you that the bike is actually stolen what then :o

1974 Yamaha RD350

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:30 pm 
Site Admin

As was posted, they need a valid VIN check.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:54 pm 

Jackman wrote:
If you buy a CL bike with no title and unknown to you that the bike is actually stolen what then :o

My guess is your SOL, hopefully you only lost a few dollars.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:37 am 
Site Admin

Well, it is the buyers responsibility to verify a bikes vin before purchase, or it's all on him.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:51 am 

H1FR wrote:
Jackman wrote:

My guess is your SOL, hopefully you only lost a few dollars.

In NY you would have the PD to answer to and for sure you lose the bike to confiscation.

I tried a with out success to have a vin run through the stolen vehicle data base not possible in NY cause if it comes up stolen the info and the officers info go to another office and a whole line of grief will come your way for sure.

1974 Yamaha RD350

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:37 am 

Getting a title.....In Alabama, in my county anyway, you go down to the DMV or one of it's many satellites at grocery stores and shopping malls.

Walk right up to Aunt Bee's window and first tell her how nice she looks today. Compliment her on her dress or necklace. Then give her a hand written piece of paper that states make, model, year, color, mileage, previous owner, buyer, and something like one hundred dollars for the sale price.....give Aunt Bee about two or maybe three minutes to process this into her computer.

While you're waiting, ask Aunt Bee if the pictures on her stall are her children. She'll giggle and say of course not, they'll be her grandchildren. Smile and tell her she's telling a fib, she ain't old enough to have grandchildren.

She'll giggle some more and tell you the tax and fee is just to high, near 40 dollars. Just look sad and say something like "Oh My, the baby won't get no milk tonight !", Then Aunt Bee will say don't worry she'll fix it. When she's done it should cost around 20 bucks.

Look happy, smile and depending on the colors she has in her stall say Roll Tide or War Eagle. If she's a Tenn or Florida fan just smile and say nothing. Be sure to clean up afterwards though.

Tell her how sweet she is and how marvelous a day you'll now have after speaking with one so kind and beautiful as her.....you never know, you might need her again.

And....start getting rid of the progressive statist that run your state and stealing your freedoms.

Oh and, careful speaking about age....a southern Grandmother may look something like this.....