Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: M in SC and Me At DG
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:17 pm 
Site Admin

Just an example Ric, I took the 300 on a ride with the Duke City Rockers. Ended up at the brand new military bar in Albq. Really cool place. On FB I was putting up pics and trading posts while I was there, pictures of any size uploaded in an instant, or done a "live video feed". I reached 100's of friends. Here, I could put in in NTR, and maybe get 10 looks and no responses, plus I have to go through the hoopla of uploading the pics, resizing them sending to flickr and downloading. And for nothing really for here. As it's not in the "world" of triples. And that's just a few things.....

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 1:52 pm 

Ja-Moo wrote:
Just an example Ric, I took the 300 on a ride with the Duke City Rockers. Ended up at the brand new military bar in Albq. Really cool place. On FB I was putting up pics and trading posts while I was there, pictures of any size uploaded in an instant, or done a "live video feed". I reached 100's of friends. Here, I could put in in NTR, and maybe get 10 looks and no responses, plus I have to go through the hoopla of uploading the pics, resizing them sending to flickr and downloading. And for nothing really for here. As it's not in the "world" of triples. And that's just a few things.....

Thanks for the FB info. I'm no expert on FB for obvious reasons; other than my daughter showing me her FB page.

Of course folks can put their stuff (pictures) anywhere they want. But I do hope the board here remains the primary point of contact for all things 2-stroke such as: accessing mraxl's resource site, organizing the Gap meet, posting pictures of rides and restorations (even if it means a few extra clicks), troubleshooting help, parts, bikes for sale, etc....

I've seen a few motorcycle boards die out over the years due to FB; I'd hate to see that happen with this one. But....whatever...

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:14 pm 

I dont facebook either.

Stay in it when it comes on the pipe, no need to be scared...

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:21 pm 

Aw, come on, stop showing pictures of FOOD, I'm trying to loose 50 pounds, and you guys aren't helping (hot dog looks GREAT, YYUUMMMMM).

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:16 pm 
Site Admin

Time and tech marches on. We just have to watch and see. And the hot dog was great, 1/4 pounder........ ;)

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 4:13 am 

I'll get even with you about the hot dog at recess, no kickball for you, right in the shin..........

Honestly, I am on a serious diet. That just ain't good at all for someone that has and runs his own hot dog steamer and popcorn machines at fund raiser events here. I'm looking at a sno-cone machine and a soft serve dispenser right now, summer is right near.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:22 am 

H2RTuner wrote:
I'll get even with you about the hot dog at recess, no kickball for you, right in the shin..........

Honestly, I am on a serious diet. That just ain't good at all for someone that has and runs his own hot dog steamer and popcorn machines at fund raiser events here. I'm looking at a sno-cone machine and a soft serve dispenser right now, summer is right near.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:25 am 
Site Admin

I know about dieting, believe me.........