Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:37 pm 

H1Steve wrote:
If you have never had broken ribs, if you think you are going to cough or sneeze, you just go ahead and start crying ahead of time. :lol:

Have you anticipated the pain from sneezing so much that it made you not sneeze? I've had that happen. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:22 pm 

H1Steve wrote:
My broken ribs and shoulder are feeling a little better. I've ordered parts to put the H1 back into service. I don't see any case damage, but I am leaking oil out of the shift-shaft seal. I hope that it is only the seal. It is difficult to get down that low to check things out well. I am hoping to get it back together before the Gap. My daughter's wedding is May 20th, which is going to use some of my time.
If you have never had broken ribs, if you think you are going to cough or sneeze, you just go ahead and start crying ahead of time. :lol: This is the slowest, most simple wreck I've ever had on a bike, and yet I think this one is the worst. Age Sucks!
I may try to get out on the KE175 tomorrow just to get back on a saddle and test out the use of my arm. I am looking forward to the Gap with whatever I am capable of riding!

And one morning you'll wake up and *SNAP*.....all the pain will be gone..... :P

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:54 pm 

evansje1 wrote:
So to get Tim's post back on topic, this week I pulled the Daytona out of storage. Last June I'd filled it up with Seafoamed non ethanol gas, pulled the fuel lines and plugged them, and pulled the battery. She started up without smoking the neighborhood up (kind of a bummer) since I'd plugged the fuel lines so the premix gas wouldn't seep into the engine. Added air to the tires, checked the chain, and gave her a nice spirited ride. She is ready to go. So much for my wrenching story.

https://youtu.be/seMdFyUaAeU

Ben, Michelle, and I will be staying down 129 towards Robbinsville in a nice house. I'm bringing my other son's KLR. We are also bringing Ben's F650GS and plan on spending more time off pavement then on pavement this year.

That's the house we rented last year, it's a nice place you'll like it. The driveway and parking are a little tight with a bigger trailer. And, whatever you do, DON'T park or turn around in the small field that they warn you about. It looks dry but is quick sand underneath. We even caught a couple of Trout in the stream. We rented a different house this year but would have happily gone back to that one. Alot cheaper than Fontana and much much better.

Last edited by ktmguy on Tue May 02, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:18 pm 

I elect Tim to be the official "Count Down King to the Gap"....by the way I heard there's a female Gumby coming this year :thumbup:
As for those whistles, I just say YOOOO!!!... :lol:
Whoever wants to jam this year, bring your gear. Evans, Chris, Jason, Jim K, Lane, Ricky (I'll bring a keyboard) and anyone else I missed.
This year I put an add in craigslist Tennessee for any female musicians to come jam with us nightly. I already have a few Bobby-jeans, Ellie Mae's, a Savannah, an Amber and a girl named Cinnamon...maybe we should bring a pole... :lol:

Looking forward to seeing you all. Safe travels... 8-)

Charlie

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:38 pm 

DAM KTMGUY ,we had alot of bikes there last year !!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:06 pm 

[quote
This year I put an add in craigslist Tennessee for any female musicians to come jam with us nightly. I already have a few Bobby-jeans, Ellie Mae's, a Savannah, an Amber and a girl named Cinnamon..

Charlie[/quote]

Neil Young loves a Cinnamon girl.

Last edited by Retro 3 on Wed May 03, 2017 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:36 pm 

RZ prep begins.

Stay in it when it comes on the pipe, no need to be scared...

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:11 am 

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:44 pm 

Ric wrote:

Wow that was a longtime ago! First and last time I had both of my H2's there at the same time (left side of the pic on both sides of Jeff's green Tracey body).

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:02 pm 

:o Dang, so little time left and I still have so much I want to get done. I am so busy doing wedding stuff. I really need to do some work on my Honda. Uhgg! Maybe I will find some time this weekend. Ribs are doing much better and I can do more work.

75 H1
78 CB400II Hawk
78 KE175

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next