Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:44 pm 

Retro 3 wrote:
Evans Ward wrote:
I'm coming bearing
gifts for all my friends as my contribution is safety related. I'll have about 50-60 loud dual tone small plastic whistles to give away which will store easily in your jacket pocket. This could be a potential lifesaver should someone go over the side of the mountain not seen from the road. A loud whistle can be heard much easier than any vocalizations.

Great!
We should dedicate one night for Charlie to practice on the whistles. :o

Charlie's in the room next to you! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:45 am 

Chris wrote:
Retro 3 wrote:
Evans Ward wrote:
I'm coming bearing
gifts for all my friends as my contribution is safety related. I'll have about 50-60 loud dual tone small plastic whistles to give away which will store easily in your jacket pocket. This could be a potential lifesaver should someone go over the side of the mountain not seen from the road. A loud whistle can be heard much easier than any vocalizations.

Great!
We should dedicate one night for Charlie to practice on the whistles. :o

Charlie's in the room next to you! :lol:

I can hear it now, 50 guys sitting around at night blowing on their whistles.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:44 am 
Site Admin

Add in Charlie and his explosives........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:54 pm 

hey jim... we converted little daves g3 90 to 12v regulated ac, and it works brilliantly. id strongly recommend one of these. no changes otherwise was made to the charging system except removal of the rectifier and he had no battery. straight out of the stator, tot he regulator, to the lights. done. (and for anybody else using a crap 6v ac system) :D

https://www.amazon.com/Trail-Tech-7003- ... 1Z8AJ6AF74

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:59 pm 

Thanks Mark, I've been thinking of doing that. A success story makes it more likely I'll try it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:26 pm 

I've got to me one of those regulators. I've already modified a burnt out OEM sealed beam lamp to hold a H4 socket so it would be a easy a conversion for me. Would you use the lighting coil or the coil changing the battery to supply the regulator on the DT, or could you use both of the coils to supply the current?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:18 am 

you can use both, on daves we just used one leg, the lighting coil, and fit a 55w halogen 12v bulb to his g3. it works great. we may try the 2 leg thing to keep the amperage up at low rpms because it drops kinda dim at idle. (tail light sat least, )

on the project bike (my rd) im running a banshee ignition with ac wiring and it came with one and works fantastic as well.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:19 pm 

So to get Tim's post back on topic, this week I pulled the Daytona out of storage. Last June I'd filled it up with Seafoamed non ethanol gas, pulled the fuel lines and plugged them, and pulled the battery. She started up without smoking the neighborhood up (kind of a bummer) since I'd plugged the fuel lines so the premix gas wouldn't seep into the engine. Added air to the tires, checked the chain, and gave her a nice spirited ride. She is ready to go. So much for my wrenching story.

https://youtu.be/seMdFyUaAeU

Ben, Michelle, and I will be staying down 129 towards Robbinsville in a nice house. I'm bringing my other son's KLR. We are also bringing Ben's F650GS and plan on spending more time off pavement then on pavement this year.

Last edited by evansje1 on Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:32 pm 

I hope to start prepping the RZ on Monday. I have the new chain and sprockets and new Avon with tube on hand. I hope to drop the wheel off at the local shop on Tuesday and reassemble and clean the bike next Wed and Thurs. I still have to service three tractors, the hay cutter, rake, baler and tedder plus the school bus before I depart as we will be making hay on or about 01 June.

Stay in it when it comes on the pipe, no need to be scared...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:05 pm 

My broken ribs and shoulder are feeling a little better. I've ordered parts to put the H1 back into service. I don't see any case damage, but I am leaking oil out of the shift-shaft seal. I hope that it is only the seal. It is difficult to get down that low to check things out well. I am hoping to get it back together before the Gap. My daughter's wedding is May 20th, which is going to use some of my time.
If you have never had broken ribs, if you think you are going to cough or sneeze, you just go ahead and start crying ahead of time. :lol: This is the slowest, most simple wreck I've ever had on a bike, and yet I think this one is the worst. Age Sucks!
I may try to get out on the KE175 tomorrow just to get back on a saddle and test out the use of my arm. I am looking forward to the Gap with whatever I am capable of riding!

75 H1
78 CB400II Hawk
78 KE175

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next