Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:09 am 
Site Admin

Hate ball bearing head bearings. Always go bad on me. Got some all balls for the G3ss 90. Had to make a sleeve for the top bearing, Made one out of a big bolt head! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:30 pm 

The vid I shot of him following aint the greatest too much vibration with the camera mounted to my RD tail light. If I have time later I will edit and put up a portion of it. Fun was had speed limits were decimated and wheelies were pulled... :thumbup: :thumbup:

Stay in it when it comes on the pipe, no need to be scared...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:58 pm 

m in sc wrote:
we raised hell around tims ton those roads are fairly epic and it was nice to finally get a LOT of eat time on his rz. aside from the rear tire, his bikes are ready. man that was fun.

:thumbup:

So you ate your meals while riding? Sounds fun.

Front end of my H2 now coming apart...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:37 pm 
Site Admin

The 90 is back together! :clap: All balls, fork seals and oil. I must say the crappy forks are a really crappy design...... :banghead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:28 am 

dammit jim! im a wrench not a proofreader!

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:25 pm 

It's a funny image though. :)

H2 front end going back together with single disk and EX caliper, etc.. Just to remind myself, I weighed one stock caliper and disk, and it's right at 10 lbs.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:43 pm 

Jim wrote:
I worked on the electrics of the DT100 yesterday. It has new front LED turn signals, repaired rear signals, new LED headlight, electronic flasher, etc.. I want to test it all today, and the headlight needs the engine running, so it'll be a pain with the rain. Life is tough though... DG is more important than staying dry. :D

Will the battery voltage go too high for the incandescent lamps that are left after the LED's have been added?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:47 pm 

I have a minor oil leak beneath the cases I'm sorting and gave it on the lift to inspect. The other bike that I'm planning to bring may come next down to the wire so not sure there? Also working on a few needed repairs on my tow rig too.

I'm coming bearing gifts for all my friends as my contribution is safety related. I'll have about 50-60 loud dual tone small plastic whistles to give away which will store easily in your jacket pocket. This could be a potential lifesaver should someone go over the side of the mountain not seen from the road. A loud whistle can be heard much easier than any vocalizations. I hope the whistle isn't needed but just as the emergency contact list, is good insurance to have.

“Jeff and Chris are THE MEN!”
RIP John E. Evans

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:55 pm 

evansje1 wrote:
Will the battery voltage go too high for the incandescent lamps that are left after the LED's have been added?

I might be a problem under normal circumstances, but the 6v rectifier-regulator I put on the AC to the headlight seems to keep the other DC output under control too. I'm going to be running it and measuring voltages very soon, now that the three days of rain have subsided, so I'll know more then.

Evans Ward: Very thoughtful of you, and it will be very appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:33 pm 

[quote="Evans Ward"]
I'm coming bearing
gifts for all my friends as my contribution is safety related. I'll have about 50-60 loud dual tone small plastic whistles to give away which will store easily in your jacket pocket. This could be a potential lifesaver should someone go over the side of the mountain not seen from the road. A loud whistle can be heard much easier than any vocalizations.

Great!
We should dedicate one night for Charlie to practice on the whistles. :o

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next