Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:39 am 

nitrouscarl wrote:
On a separate note the boys are both doing very well. Adult life started caching up to them last year and they were unable to attend. Sam is still working at Bosch with me as a welder and Charles has been working his tail off for almost a year now in his wildly successful automotive repair shop (We do ATV's, Bikes, lawn equipment, tractor's, if its broke we can fix it). It has taken off beyond our wildest dreams! I get to just sit back now and smile :thumbup:

Carl, I don't know if I told you but it was my absolute PLEASURE to know your boys that week. They were respectful, hard working and kids to be proud of as I'm sure you are. I remember I brought the engine and a ton of parts in my trailer. Several times trying to get this bike running and they needed something I would simply tell them run to my trailer and find this bit or that or some tool and they would. You have super kids man, tell them I said hi please and that I was impressed with them both (and I don't impress easily).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:41 am 

They are good boys. That is great to hear!

Stay in it when it comes on the pipe, no need to be scared...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:58 pm 

Thank you Barry, and thanks for the parts support. The DT has been on the back burner with so much going on but it will make it back to the gap running and looking good! I will make sure to tell the boy's and you will have to get back to the gap to see them soon hopefully. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:59 pm 

Prepare for the Return Of Mr. Foully...mebe some cool hats or a parade or something. I'll have a 69 H1 & an 02 R1 and will be rooming with Roger.

The last time I attended, I left a 4" wide stripe of ATF the entire length of the hotel driveway after a 700 mile tow with a company car that had a strict 'no towing' policy.

I picked up ten quarts of ATF for the ride home and drove with an egg on the accelerator and my fingers crossed, expecting to get fired when the tranny grenaded hundreds of miles outside my territory hooked to a forbidden trailer.

I made it home without leaking another drop. It turns out when I had the trans fluid changed before the trip, the clowns overfilled it and it leaked into an underbody panel, then only leaked from there when the car was going up a steep hill...like the hotel driveway.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:45 pm 

I had that happen with my Dodge van after an away from home transmission replacement. I stopped at a highway rest area and found a puddle under the transmission. I was assuming the worst, but took off the engine cover and checked the fluid level. I was way over the full mark. I hate letting anyone else do anything to my vehicles!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:38 am 

Jim wrote:
Wow, that's great to hear, Carl!

No kidding. Great job Carl!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:07 am 

rngdng wrote:
Jim wrote:

I dont know what I did (other then spending a lot of time with them) but I sure did get lucky with my kids. Thanks for all the kind words guys, but I took my kids nearly everywhere I went and got them involved in things that I liked (I got involved with things my daughter liked). I dont know the answer's but like I said I really have been blessed with great kids, Thank you! :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:16 am 

nitrouscarl wrote:
rngdng wrote:
Jim wrote:

I dont know what I did (other then spending a lot of time with them) but I sure did get lucky with my kids. Thanks for all the kind words guys, but I took my kids nearly everywhere I went and got them involved in things that I liked (I got involved with things my daughter liked). I dont know the answer's but like I said I really have been blessed with great kids, Thank you! :)

Same here. Had my two boys when I was very young. We liked (they liked) working on cars and motorcycles, camping, backpacking, dirt bikes/street bikes. Working around the house fixing things etc.
Spent a lot of time with my Son's was probably the single best thing I could do as a dad.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:51 am 

[quote="Tim Steele"]Gentlemen,
It's that time again. Are your bikes ready?

NOT HARDLEY

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:14 pm 
Site Admin

50 shades of girlie bike......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :o

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next