Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Deals Gap
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:24 pm 

Hello Neighbor
Do you think it is worth my while to take this here H1 with a messed up (bent rod) motor to Deals Gap for the upcoming event. My old friend and KTWW outcast & pariah Tom Loftis used to tell me that they had a swap meet in association with the rally as is often the case. I have never been, just wondered if I could pass this bike on for a reasonable sum, say 1500 bucks. I posted this thing on KTOG a couple of times with lukewarm response; you probably saw it. It is a 1975 H1 with 75 H2 motor and it 'needs everything.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Deals Gap
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:30 pm 

I'd say there's a reasonable chance that someone would want to make a deal with you at the meet. But the important thing is to attend for at least a couple days and join the guys for some riding and mingling and other fun.

I don't know anyone who holds any grudges against Tom. The problem was the ability to maintain the board and keep it spam-free, at least as I understand it. I'm a relative latecomer though, and have never met Tom.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:42 pm 

I was on the original KTWW and Tom was cool for many years and I personally don't hold a grudge. (I was not part of the chamber build issues but some people had problems there).

The history is he turned the board into an experiment for his other web stuff and we endured a lot of his spam and it got pretty bad. He became combative (some would say abusive) about it so we started this one in 2011.

I think many of us from the early days would thank him for what the original board started and did. I'm grateful. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:25 am 

I live in Knoxville and I believe I know someone who'd be interested in taking it off of your hands. while that means you'd be able to off load the bike to an enthusiast, it means you may not have reason to attend the Gap. As the others have said, it is a great time with fun people. I have never met Tom and hold no grudges. I moved to Knoxville and started into triples in 2012, so I have barely any knowledge of the past. Please PM me if you'd like to move the bike. -Steve

75 H1
78 CB400II Hawk
78 KE175