We are starting a new board http://www.kawi2strokes.com
(2011) and we are striving to make the site a better, more enjoyable place to get information, and to keep in touch with friends and fellow 2 stroke enthusiasts.
We the enthusiasts that will be running this message board will keep it family friendly and "safe for work", as there are member that have wives and kids that view it also, and many guys view the site at work, so please keep that in mind when posting.
The board has a few simple rules and moderators to monitor the board to keep it running smoothly.
1. Please review the sections, and try to place your new thread in the appropriate section. If the moderators feel it necessary, your thread may be moved to a more appropriate section.
2. We "prefer" no cuss words, but realize they do get used once in a while, so try to keep "cussing" to a bare minimum. No "strong" cuss words. There is a filter in place, so if you find your post has been "censored", that word is not allowed.
3. Posts or discussions of a political or religious nature are NOT allowed. Racial or ethnic slurs are also NOT allowed. Posts of this nature will be removed without warning or explanation and repeat offenses will result in banning of the poster(s). These subjects are devicive and serve no purpose as it is unlikely anything said will change minds and serves only to splinter the group. The intent of this board is to bring everyone together focused on a common interest (Triples) regardless of their views on these subjects, rather than to engage in discussion that breaks us apart.
4. Religious holiday greetings and requests for prayer for a sick/injured loved one will be allowed.
5. There are as many opinions as members, so obviously there will be differences of opinions. If you disagree with someone, do NOT make it personal. Just state your point or counter point. It helps greatly to post back up information for your point of view. If a thread or posts gets locked or deleted, Do NOT start a new thread to restart the discussion. It will be deleted with no warning or explanation. Restarting a post will also count as a first strike to the poster to be banned.
6. Attacks, derogatory or "flaming" other members (INCLUDING MODERATORS) will not be tolerated WHAT SO EVER! You will receive 1 posted warning, (on that thread) any posts continuing the attach, will get the poster BANNED! This also includes mean natured barbs, snide remarks, innuendos or pictures. Any post containing demeaning, racial or ethnic slurs will be removed with no warning or posted explanation. The intent and definition is left up to the moderators discretion. We understand "slip ups" occur from time to time. A reminder will be posted.
7. You are not to impersonate others or their likeness in the course of posting messages, pictures, videos and/or any other materials
8. The moderators have the right to lock or delete complete threads. Also to modify or remove individual posts that fall under the above mentioned rules. Sometimes a post or posts "may" be removed if it is reference to a improper post that hasn't been caught by a moderator.
9. Please keep your avatars, signatures and posted pictures "kid/wife/work" friendly. Offending pictures will be removed. Remember, a lot of us check the site from our work computers on our breaks and we wouldn't want someone to get fired because of an inappropriate picture. And please keep your signatures short and no Gifs or pictures.August 2016. Times change the internet, and to keep up with the times, the rules here need to be updated To keep the board running smoothly. Here are the updated rules, which go into effect immediately.
10. With the explosion of social media in the last few years, many members are now in daily communication. And since there are no rules with social media, things like religion, politics, and other strongly felt conversations are the norm. So, of course there will be strong disagreements, and it has spilled over to our board. The board doesn't need these distractions, so "if" you have a problem outside this board with another member, take it straight to PM's or whatever, but DO NOT bring it on the board! As it has always been, it is "ONLY" up to the moderators to decide if there is an infraction or not, with any of these rules. And a private warning will be sent in case of an infraction.
11. The mods here have been "moderating" for many, many years and have put 1000's of hours into this and the older boards. So we do know what we are doing, and what is best for the board. We usually converse on a problem, if it is not completely blatant. If a problem shows up on the board, we the moderators will take care of the problem, that's OUR job. Furthermore, we will no longer put up with ANY "opinion posts", snide comments, ect. These posts will be deleted and a warning sent. Nor do we want PM's with complaints, we all see what's posted on a daily basis.
12. Since the internet triple enthusiasts is a very small group, 20 years old, close knit with many members being actual personal friends, most of us are now on the multitude of boards and social media triple/2 stroke pages. Being such a close group it is more of a community now, and thus comments made in one place is basically like the comments were being made here and vise versa. So, if you are abusive to any of our members anywhere on the internet, that's your prerogative. However from now on, attacks or perceived slanderous comments may have consequences here on our board. That includes banning.
The moderators here were members first. So we have the right to participate in the same way as any other member. We are guys just like you that would like to come here and learn something new, have some fun, help someone out, share our projects and look at yours. It takes a lot of fun out of it for us having to moderate, and we would rather have each member moderate themselves.