Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:29 pm 

How about a new thread to name deadbeats that bid and dont pay?
Cant even be bothered to say he does not want to pay.
3-4 feedback tipped me off before ebay stepped in and nailed him.
I would love to post the ebay user name, I also have his real name as well.
From the U.K. , 1st time anyone from there ever stiffed me.

He is now blocked on my ebay account.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:23 pm 

R.B. wrote:
"thingsyougottahave" in Tennesse, also has a few alias's, Sells cars, but mainly Z1's on Ebay, basically he is just a liar and a fraud and you will not be happy with any purchase from him.

He's back with new user name and 0 feedback

Rick please give your opinion on the vin sticker

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-Other- ... 1714524869

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:34 am 

The engine VIN stamp looks odd to me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:19 am 

Gregz wrote:
R.B. wrote:
"thingsyougottahave" in Tennesse, also has a few alias's, Sells cars, but mainly Z1's on Ebay, basically he is just a liar and a fraud and you will not be happy with any purchase from him.

Rick please give your opinion on the vin sticker

I can't confirm who you think it is, but I can confirm that looks like the pavement outside his house and it's the right location and that the bike is a P.O.S. ! It's built out of the every cheapest repro parts that money can buy, there isn't a single quality bit on the bike! I'd be VERY concerned as to the origin of that deep wound on the downtube on the frame (above the rear brake pedal) And YES That V.I.N. tag is awful! 100% lousy reproduction, I've never seen a tag without rounded corners and that one looks like it has a film of sellotape over it! :shock: The clear coat of the lamination is perforated (to the left) where it looks like it has come off the sellotape dispenser :banghead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:38 pm 

"Item removed" :clap:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:09 pm 

fzrkaw usually includes "vintage, racing, restoration" in his H2 parts descriptions. I bought a set of H2 cylinders from him. I asked that he pack the box with cushioning to make sure the fins and skirts don't get broken. He reassured me he had a "special box."

Here's his special box and a cylinder with a broken fin:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:11 pm 

I told him about it and he blamed the post office. At that time I needed the cylinders, didn't pursue it. I didn't leave feedback.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:28 pm 

I hate that crap. My wife bought a fairly large porcelain sculpture and the idiot sent it in a tight fitting cardboard box with no padding. I guess he thought putting "fragile" on the outside would be enough to be sure it arrived safely. It was in 100 pieces when it got here. He reimbursed my wife, but what a waste.

Cylinders would best be double boxed with generous space and padding between boxes. If it can't stand a drop onto concrete from six feet up, whatever it is will probably arrive broken.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:38 am 

I just had serious beef with 'triplesgetnipples'.

aka:

Wayne Reistad
tripleswayne@aim.com

I bought a set of cylinders from him on ebay and they were basically thrown in a box, which exploded in transit, so the Post Office reconfigured the box, taping over the shipping labels.

Every cylinder had multiple bent fins.

When I notified him of it, he said I could send them back at my expense, or he would have someone from the post office come to my house to inspect them. After two weeks of believing that BS, I got ebay involved and sent a dozen fotos. They sided with him because 'the parts were listed as used, needing repair.' I tried to explain to the the customer service dood that needing a bore job is entirely different than fins bent during shipping, and I had photographic proof, but it was like talking to a wall.

Wayne then followed-up his mistake with a mean and hurtful e-mail, shifting his blame from the post office to me. At no point in the three weeks he jacked me around on this did he take credit for not knowing how to pack for sh*t.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:44 am 

Cylinders would best be double boxed with generous space and padding between boxes. If it can't stand a drop onto concrete from six feet up, whatever it is will probably arrive broken.

I agree with the above except my rule of thumb is four feet. All postal items COULD get dropped from six feet, but they WILL get dropped from four feet.

I have an asston of collectible glassware here that an ex-GF abandoned me with but am hesitant to list it on ebay, as packing it would become a part-time job.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next