Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 5:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: For sale...1970 H1
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:52 pm 

It's not mine, but I know the bike. It belongs to a guy (Casey) in Wharton, NJ. It's not officially a 1 owner bike anymore, but Casey's dad bought it new. It's currently titled in Casey's name. The bike is red and original paint in very nice shape....not perfect, but very nice. The bike was dropped once, but damage was minor and you won't notice it unless you look...clutch cover and the bottom of the center pipe if I remember correctly.

I helped Casey get the bike running, and it runs great. Could use to have the jets upped by 1 size on the pilots and mains, but other than that it's a good runner. Other than a few minor things, the bike is original. The mirrors have been replaced with clamp on mirrors from parts unlimited. Casey added turn signals. The bike didn't have them originally. The bike has about 5500 miles on it. It had 5100 on it when I first started helping Casey with it this summer. Prior to that, the bike hadn't been ridden since about 1980. The gas tank has been sealed with the Caswell kit.

Casey won't sell it for less than $10,000, and it comes with a couple of spare A and B boxes and a Starfire ignition (not installed).

Casey's contact info is ticket2ride1@aol.com.

Bike is in Wharton, NJ about 40 miles from my house. You and Casey do the deal and I can deliver to deals gap in the spring, or I can get it to Chattanooga area in late December for a few beers.

edits done to correct the spelling mistakes from posting the original with my smartphone...not so smart.

Post subject: Re: For sale...1970 H1
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:11 pm 

Jeff wrote:
Casey won't sell it for less than $10,000, and it comes with a couple of spare A AND B boxes and a Starfire ignirion (not installed).

:shock: He'll be keeping that a while then :roll: - "It's nice, been down the road, is a '70, not perfect" $10k? . . . . . . He'll be lucky to get $5k for it :think: - Why advertise it here, I have SERIOUS doubts that anyone on this board would be interested, put it on Ebay and find out it's REAL value ;)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:29 pm 

I've seen many pics of this bike in the past,Maybe 5-6k tops... Thats if he cleaned the many yrs of chicken dung off of her. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:47 pm 

R.B. wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Casey won't sell it for less than $10,000, and it comes with a couple of spare A AND B boxes and a Starfire ignirion (not installed).

:shock: He'll be keeping that a while then :roll: - "It's nice, been down the road, is a '70, not perfect" $10k? . . . . . . He'll be lucky to get $5k for it :think: - Why advertise it here, I have SERIOUS doubts that anyone on this board would be interested, put it on Ebay and find out it's REAL value ;)

kawbulman wrote:
I've seen many pics of this bike in the past,Maybe 5-6k tops... Thats if he cleaned the many yrs of chicken dung off of her. :lol:

That's what I told him, but he's seen a few on ebay go for more than 10K, so he's stuck on that. I just told him that I'd tell the members here.

Jeff

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:19 pm 

Jeff wrote:
edits done to correct the spelling mistakes from posting the original with my smartphone...not so smart.

You nutty youngsters. :P

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:53 am 

In the end, it's worth EXACTLY what someone will pay for it.