Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: '73S2
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:50 pm 

Need to thin the herd, just can't keep all these bikes.....rebuilt motor with fresh NOS top end, Damon crank rebuild including lab seals only about 300 miles on it since. For you on the old KTW board, you will recall the extensive thread on the resto before I was banned. New seat from Fran but the rear has some threads lettin go. Jim's denco replicas complete with mop-n-glow. Note it is a '72 paint scheme, not the best paint but looks good at 10 feet(lol). Does have a fresh NOS gas cap though. Not running real well, needs someone to clean the carbs and get the jetting dialed in. Clean FL title. $3,000 - not negotiable (John, sorry but $/cc ended with the last decade :D ) you must pick it up in person. I will include a complete extra body set that I stripped and then totally screwed up trying to repaint. PM me if interested. Do not want to see this bike parted out, and would like to see a board member rescue it. Picks on Jim's website, and yes it does not look nearly as nice in person as it does in the photos, for example, the header pipes are now a sh$tty chocolate color after puttin some mileage on her. Oops forgot to mention the steering bearings suck too - need tapered replacements, if I think of anything else that is screwed up, will post revisions to the thread - I have put over $4K in resto, not tryin to get rich, just tryin to get whole :shock:

Last edited by jim-k on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: '73S2
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:58 pm 

Also included is an S3 complete clutch with primary to hand the power of the motor, current clutch slips too much :D

Last edited by jim-k on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:08 pm 

jim-k wrote:
...the header pipes are now a sh$tty chocolate color after puttin some mileage on her.

That's the way they're supposed to look, Jim. If they're steel colored, it signals a trailer queen. :P

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:34 pm 

Jim wrote:
jim-k wrote:
...the header pipes are now a sh$tty chocolate color after puttin some mileage on her.

That's the way they're supposed to look, Jim. If they're steel colored, it signals a trailer queen. :P

Jim, yes the wax does seem to darken significantly but I like the look :D I should mention also that Jim did a mod on the chambers adding a thick collar where the rear mounts attach as I was paranoid about cracking as they are still hard mounted so he welded a thick collar around the pipes where the brackets are attached.