Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 4:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:43 pm 

All H series 6 bolt hubs fr the discs are the same, so, as long as you get the disc indexed on the correct bolt set, the same cut an be done to any disc.

Take a look at the dsisc in John's picture, bolt holes at appx. 2, 6 and 10 o'clock possitions, align with 3 of the 9 rivit holes. EVERY carrier for the H series is the same, as long as it is a 6 bolt carrier.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:46 pm 

oxford wrote:
Yes, you are correct Mark, for a rotor hole it is acceptable. Just the performance that I have witnessed first hand from a flow jet, the results are not really that impressive. Like I said though, it could just be the machine they have at work and/or the the operator/programmer. From what I have seen from a laser though, within its cuting capability the flow jet is no match for a laser it terms of accuracy, speed and finished product. When you get into thicker materials is where I belive the flow jets start to beat out the competition.

w/out going into too much detail... we cut armor plate on a water jet.
mostly boils down to the operator and how the maschine is set up. just like a conventional machining operation it boils down to speed of the tool and quality and correct application of cutting tool (or media). ive seen some fairly impressive results when the operator actually cares. but i do agree, laser wouldbe preferred and oyu could do some really intersting stuff w/it

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:43 am 

I like writing with a Sharpie.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:51 am 

anotherusername wrote:
I like writing with a Sharpie.

:shock:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:03 am 

Quote:
Cut-out H series brake disc. All H series 6 bolt hubs fr the discs are the same, so, as long as you get the disc indexed on the correct bolt set, the same cut can be done to any disc.
Take a look at the disc in John's picture, bolt holes at appx. 2, 6 and 10 o'clock positions, align with 3 of the 9 rivit holes. EVERY carrier for the H series is the same, as long as it is a 6 bolt carrier.

I've tried your suggestion. Funny how it fits just as the other series it's to have a standard for the H series maybe.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:08 pm 

So, who's doin it?

I missed this thread. Sucks--I woulda been all over it.

A few months ago, I sent drawings and pictures (thanks John and Walms) to local CNC shops for quotes. The one that would touch it said it would end up around $350. That was for surfacing on a grinder to the 5.5mm thickness and water-jetting the notches. My rotor is still stock.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:37 pm 

make an adapter and fit a full floater. 350? really? lame.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7