Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:55 pm 

SOLD Thanks

Losing my [free] storage, so sorry to say, I am putting up my three project bikes for sale:

1. 1974 H2. It is a roller I acquired from Cody a few years ago and a disassembled motor that I picked up after searching for quite some time. The motor is in my garage and extremely clean. I was planning to have motor vapor blasted and do proper rebuild. Comes with expansion chambers. No title but will include info on how to obtain a title [for $200, not VT registration]. Pics of engine below, will add pics of bike asap.

2. 1973 H1. True basket case! This was to become my next project but my garage is currently jammed with 8 bikes and two sports cars!. PO disassembled, had frame powdercoated and project stalled. Everything should be there including original exhaust in VG condition. Tank has funky 80's paint job but is clean inside. Has title.

3. 1974 H1. Another project bike I picked up last year. Was "murdered" by PO but most of it cleaned off. Tank has original paint. No seat but comes with original exhaust in questionable condition. Has Title.

Posting here for a couple weeks before going to the vultures at Craigslist. Buy 1 or all 3!
Won't ship but will work with your shipper.
Ridiculous low balls will be ignored.
Bikes are in Austin, TX.

PM me with your phone or email for additional photos, but I will have to get them, the storage is an hour away but plan to go there this week.

Thanks
Stev-o

Last edited by Stev-o on Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:25 pm 

Never2Old here was just posting about wanting an H2 a few days ago. You might PM him and see if he's found one yet.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14259&hilit=looking+for+h2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:28 pm 

Jim wrote:
Never2Old here was just posting about wanting an H2 a few days ago. You might PM him and see if he's found one yet.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14259&hilit=looking+for+h2

Hi Jim....ok, thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:11 pm 

Sorry I didn't see this sooner, been busy at home. I'm definitely looking for an early 70's 750, but would consider an 500 too. Most any Kawasaki 3 cylinder 2 stroke. Basket case all the better, half the fun is rebuilding and getting it running again. The hard part is that I'm not local but if it was really interesting I'd consider coming out to make the deal.

Of course, this has been up for a while so my guess is you've already moved them along. My fault for not keeping an eye on the forum.

Dave C.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:43 pm 

Never2Old wrote:

Of course, this has been up for a while so my guess is you've already moved them along. My fault for not keeping an eye on the forum.

Dave C.

Hi Dave...actually I still have the bikes. I did receive an offer outside of the forum for the lot but I turned it down [was a good offer, not really a lowball] Am still negotiating a deal with him and have added another H1 that I nearly forgot about! Nothing is sold until I have cash in hand though. Good luck to you.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:39 am 

Hi,

I would be interested in the exhaust pipes from the 1973 H1 if they are in very good condition. Would you consider selling them separately or would I have to buy the whole bike? I am in California and am restoring a 1975 H1 but lack the complete exhaust system.
Tim Castellano

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:17 pm 

Okay, my bad, I've been away for a while but now back on the hunt. Do you still have an H2? Roller? Anything I can use to start a build?

Thanks Dave C.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:06 pm 

Never2Old wrote:
Okay, my bad, I've been away for a while but now back on the hunt. Do you still have an H2? Roller? Anything I can use to start a build?

Thanks Dave C.

Sorry Dave, all my project bikes are sold and gone. Keeping my H1 & H2 "til death do us part"!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:02 pm 

My loss but thanks for the reply. I just have to keep up the search. An H2 just popped up but it's over $8k. Probably as good a deal as I'll find but it's a lot of money for a bike that's missing parts and I'll need to rebuild.

DC