Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 1974 H2 750
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:19 pm 

I've put my H2 up on ebay......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161672050718?ss ... 1555.l2649

It's been a great bike........but I just never ride it anymore....I'll be sad to see it go but it's time to thin the collection down a bit.

Here's the text from the ad......click on the link if you want to see more pics. If anyone here is interested......you can contact me on my email at digitalgraphics@sbcglobal.net

Thanks guys!

Wow! What a bike. My first motorcycle was a 400 triple and then a 750 and then a GS1100e. I loved those bikes. About 10 years ago.....I wanted to revisit my youth (lol) and I started looking at GS1100's and H2's as I wanted to pick one up to play with. I ended up getting one of each! I found this one on the old World Wide Triples forum that I was a member of.....the owner was a long time member of it and he was in Tennessee and had owned it for a long time as he had purchased it from the original owner. I bought it and had it shipped out to me here in So Cal.

Being a long time member of the World Wide Triples forum and then the kawi2strokes.com forum is worth mentioning. That tells you that the last two owners were true enthusiasts. Not just some guy who is trying to flip it for a buck or has no backround in these...this is a bike I swore I'd never sell when I bought it. It's like comfort food for me.....this bike gets more comments from strangers than ANY other bike I've ever owned. Everybody either had one (yeah right....) ......or knew someone who did back in the day. Pull up to bike night on this and you'll always draw a crowd.

It's a GREAT bike. But it is NOT for the purist. It's a hotrod. It has the EX500 front brake upgrade with SS brake lines which brings it up to a more modern motorcycle level of braking. It has GSXR clip on's and controls that work flawlessly and a Maier front fender (it has a small crack that can't be seen, but I have another new in box to replace it should it ever get worse) I put CRG Hindsight mirrors on it cause I love them and they work great with little to no vibration....pricy but worth every penny. It has a nice Steering damper and a custom brake light. It has the original head pipes and aftermarket slip on's and a custom cut, cafe style seat that is in good shape but does have some light wear on one spot. The headlight is not original. It's running the original carbs with jetting and foam Uni Filters. The oil pump is connected and works perfectly and I have a spare. The tank is rust FREE but has had bondo work. Everything on the bike works as it should and it is QUICK. I also have a 83 Suzuki GS1100e with a pipe, jet kit and pods and it is every bit as fast as that up to about 80 mph. Very impressive. The tank is primer'd with a decal on it...the side covers and tail piece are the original Root Beer Brown but have various scratches and chips.....so it is in need of a repaint.

Now...with that said.

I ride the bike so infrequently for a couple of reasons, one being that my knees are old and it hurts when I kick start it.Yeah, I know......sad. Additionally, I also have a modded ZRX1200 and a HD Roadglide. So the H2 tends to sit. I put it on a "Non-Op" registration with the DMV in 2000 and tucked it away in a corner of the garage. I pulled it out the this weekend and went to fire it up and I can't. I put gas in it and kicked it over a couple of times and gave the throttle a couple of twists...But I then noticed gas puddling up on the floor and realized that one of the gas lines had cracked from R&R'ing the tank. They're old. They need to be replaced.

So the bottom line is it is NOT going to be ridden home. But it IS a great running bike. I guess it should be purchased with the worst case scenario in mind.....which is that it will need new gas lines and possible the carbs gone through and cleaned. But other than that. It's GOOD TO GO.

The mileage is not the original. I have the original speedometer and it shows (I believe) about 15,000 miles....but the needle jumped around and I replaced it with the one that is on it now. I've ridden it less than 1000 miles in the time I've owned it.

See my history.......you'll see that I've sold many items on here.....including a Twin Turbo Porsche (5 years ago), a 66 GT 350 Clone (4 years ago), a 2006 M5 (4 years ago) and just two weeks ago my 1988 e28 M5, which set what is undoubtedly, a record price on ebay at $24,900 (for a M5 with 220,000 miles) My reputation as a seller is impeccable.

I'll also include some extras that I have for this bike. Some oil lines, carbs and parts and cables, original speedo, various gaskets, spark plugs......extra oil pump, etc. I also have a BRAND NEW, never mounted set of tires that I'll include with it. (although the tires on it now are in excellant condition - see the pics)

I'll co-operate and help with shipping in anyway I can. If you're local...I would encourage you to come by and see it for yourself. I have the free and clear title in my name....and it is non-op'd so there are ZERO fees due or anything of that nature. Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Post subject: Re: 1974 H2 750
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:08 pm 

Just a suggestion, Chris: Fix the fuel lines so you can say it's currently running in the eBay ad. That can make a big difference.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:44 pm 

Whaaat do you want for that thing? I'm not readin that novella but my quick perusal didn't see any numbers?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:18 pm 

Nice looking bike !!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:58 pm 

I remember that same bike at the Gap around 2007 with the PO. GLWS!

“Jeff and Chris are THE MEN!”
RIP John E. Evans

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:57 pm 

Problem is I can't kick it over enough....the last couple times I started it over the last 2 years or so....I had to kick it 5-15 times and I just can't do it. My right knee is done. Of course when I was starting it at least once or twice a month it would fire up on the first 2-3 kicks. But I've let it sit too long. My thought process is....running on it's best day it might get $5k....maybe a little more....I don't know. So I set the reserve at $5k.......it it makes it there.....great. If it doesn't come close.....then I will take it to a shop down the street and spend a couple hundred on going through the carbs etc. At least then I can post videos of it starting / running etc...... and then I'm sure I can probably get at least $5k.

Jim wrote:
Just a suggestion, Chris: Fix the fuel lines so you can say it's currently running in the eBay ad. That can make a big difference.

Last edited by TurboChris on Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:58 pm 

Agent H2 wrote:
Whaaat do you want for that thing? I'm not readin that novella but my quick perusal didn't see any numbers?

I want as much as possible which is why it's being auctioned.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:59 pm 

Evans Ward wrote:
I remember that same bike at the Gap around 2007 with the PO. GLWS!

Yeah, it was Kieth Fuelners bike for a lot of years. I thought it was kinda cool when I bought it that it went from riding the Gap to riding PCH in So Cal. That bikes seen some NICE roads.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:54 pm 

I was a day late buying that bike.....I always liked it ....and still do, if it was still "just up the road" so to speak I'd probably by it.

I think the previous owners username was motometal?.....If I recall correctly he was a musician and his bands insignia or logo might have been on the bike somewhere.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:44 am 

That's him. It was like the nuclear hazard symbol or something. Nice guy....we're still friends on facebook and he's still doing the band / drummer thing.

anotherusername wrote:
I was a day late buying that bike.....I always liked it ....and still do, if it was still "just up the road" so to speak I'd probably by it.

I think the previous owners username was motometal?.....If I recall correctly he was a musician and his bands insignia or logo might have been on the bike somewhere.