Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: 1974 H2 750
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:28 pm 

Update: I decided to take Jims advice......replaced the fuel lines and noticed they weren't filling up........so I pulled the petcock and wow....40 years of gunk built up....the tubes weren't even on it...so much for reserve! So I ordered a new petcock (no more vacumn) from Mid Atlantic for $60 and installed it (http://www.ebay.com/itm/KAWASAKI-H1-H2- ... 90?vxp=mtr) and it started on the FIRST kick. Son of a gun. Now it consistently starts with the first or second kick every time. Nice. I forgot how much fun this thing is. I relisted it at 6k reserve and if it doesn't sell.....then I think I'll proceed with paint...finally finish it and play with it for a while.

Oh and there's a couple videos on the new auction. http://www.ebay.com/itm/161705396322?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

TurboChris wrote:
Problem is I can't kick it over enough....the last couple times I started it over the last 2 years or so....I had to kick it 5-15 times and I just can't do it. My right knee is done. Of course when I was starting it at least once or twice a month it would fire up on the first 2-3 kicks. But I've let it sit too long. My thought process is....running on it's best day it might get $5k....maybe a little more....I don't know. So I set the reserve at $5k.......it it makes it there.....great. If it doesn't come close.....then I will take it to a shop down the street and spend a couple hundred on going through the carbs etc. At least then I can post videos of it starting / running etc...... and then I'm sure I can probably get at least $5k.

Jim wrote:
Just a suggestion, Chris: Fix the fuel lines so you can say it's currently running in the eBay ad. That can make a big difference.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:42 pm 

25 minutes left , $3450, hope it makes the reserve of $5k

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:44 pm 

H1FR wrote:
25 minutes left , $3450, hope it makes the reserve of $5k

Wow, not even close. Ok then on to plan B.

Now that it's starting first kick and running well....I think I'm going to move forward with "finishing" it. Paint it and maybe install the new set of Jims Denco rep chambers I have for it. Then I can either list it again.....or just keep it around for a while more. It's pretty obvious if you go through the completed sales on eBay for H2s, that the ones commanding decent money all are painted. But I know me and the more I mess with it the more I'll want to keep it.....so I'm kinda thinking they did me a favor by not buying it.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 8:16 pm 

That's good, as they say, things happen for a reason - the opposite of "I wish I never sold that bike!!" :D

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:05 am 

do you still have the bike? Is it being ridden?