Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:43 am 

Hi Guys

I had a problem with my recently restored 71 H1A on Monday with another bike travelling toward me on the wrong side of the road only a mile from my home here on the Isle of Man

As you can see I'm now looking for parts from a 69-71 H1-H1A.

A front fender assembly complete and a chrome headlight bucket would be a great start, both must be in good condition. Any help or advice where these items could possibly be sourced would be much appreciated.

Any information regarding valuation for insurance purposes would be good too, the pix of the bike when it was undamaged were taken March 23 2012. Mileage is genuine @ 14,500 and it was a genuine UK bike not an import. I have rebuilt the engine with reconditioned crank, Wiseco pistons, new clutch et al, the little Mach III was running as 'sweet as a sweet thing'

The bike was in excellent condition with original pipes etc. The only thing it really needed was the outer casings painting silver, that was something I was going to do over the coming winter, the polished casings is how I purchased the machine.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

71 Kawasaki H1A
2005 MV Agusta 1000s
1990 TZ 250A (Reverse Cylinder)
1996 RS 250R Honda
1996 RS 250 Aprilia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:03 am 

Sorry to hear that, I know how you are feeling, I have a photo of a '68 Suzuki 500 in exactly the same condition, (mine!) I have a lot of early H1 parts here, but we are a long way away. Keep us posted on the rework, and best of luck with it.....!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:29 am 

I hope no one was hurt.

Nice bike, I am working on the same year/color. Sadly, I have no spares of anything you need. Sorry. That is still a very nice bike.

85 ZL900 Eliminator red
83 VW Jetta 2dr 16V swap Driver
83 Jetta Turbo Diesel, winter beater
68 VW bus, summer road trip & parts hauler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:20 am 

vwpieces wrote:
I hope no one was hurt.

Nice bike, I am working on the same year/color. Sadly, I have no spares of anything you need. Sorry. That is still a very nice bike.

Thanx for that boys, nobody was hurt fortunately. I only completed the bike 3 weeks ago and have only put 176 miles on the clock since it went back on the road :banghead

71 Kawasaki H1A
2005 MV Agusta 1000s
1990 TZ 250A (Reverse Cylinder)
1996 RS 250R Honda
1996 RS 250 Aprilia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:12 pm 

I think cyclebuster has some low oil pump covers?

I am not sure if he is on here, he was on the old board?

good luck

Gary T