Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 2:34 pm 

So i have ordered 2 "different" seat covers from 2 different areas.....

One , i got off of Ebay because It "looked" proper, but no....

The other I got from Jess, at Jess Bikes because all his stuff has always been 100% and in no way do i hold him responsible for that. He just sold me what he was told was the proper unit.

Come to find out, they were both the same seat cover from obviously the same manufacture.

The problem i am running into is that the very back portion of the skirt is not long enough..and to actually get the cover on the pad and pan, i would have to pull the embossed top , back and down below the actual seat to get it to hook . This would be the same area on the older bikes, where KAWASAKI was printed in white on the very back of the seat....you could in no way do it with this seat cover.

So if anyone knows where i can get the proper seat cover cover , or even the top seat material (if i have to i will start making the proper seat cover), that is the embossed with the fake stitching...i would greatly appreciate it.

I will include pics so you guys/gals see what I mean ... thank you

hopefully this link goes through

https://imgur.com/a/zbp3svA

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 6:26 pm 

Wow, I have never had that problem with other seat covers, though I haven't changed an H1 seat cover so far.