Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:07 pm 

Zambia wrote:
Jim wrote:
Tim Steele wrote:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-Kawasaki-H2-750-Complete-Oil-Injection-Pump-Banjo-All/254363785167?hash=item3b394357cf:g:tBwAAOSwm0ldgrYf

Good link, good price, but it seems pretty dumb to just cut the oil lines!

It's not always easy to find your 8mm socket when you need it.. :lol:

It's right there, next to the 10mmm...……………….oh, wait!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:35 am 

Hawaii-Mike wrote:
JayDav wrote:
Hawaii-Mike wrote:

Monkey Claw...just saying :shock:

Mach 4 Motors

And now at over $156 as the auction nears its end.....the king of shill bidding :e9

Last edited by JayDav on Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:27 pm 

Well guys I ended up buying the pair of 500 pumps per Tim’s advice. When I get stuck into a job I tend to buy what I need when I need it and don’t shop around too awfully much. Maybe its a guy thing? Anyway, I look to see what’s available at the time and buy from there. And I’ve been known to spend too much $$ on a bike if it is for myself and I plan on keeping it.

This is how I eventually wind up with enough extra stuff to build a second bike at some point! The two oil pumps buy turned out to be what I needed because they came with all of the oil lines and fittings including the oil tank supply line. Anybody need any spares?

I have everything on the bike and hooked up although it looks like I need a new oil tank outlet/filter because mine is cracked. Kinda pricey but I’m grateful they are available. I glued it and it seems to be holding up but I doubt long term. I ran the bike this morning and bled up the oil lines. Everything seems good and I adjusted the pump cable as per H2Rtuner’s advice. Progress! Now I just have to pick up the new paintwork and install it.

Mark

1980 Moto Guzzi SP1000
2019 Triumph T100

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:36 pm 

Just more info.

One year, Hurley rode the Australian Castrol 6 hour race with a couple of Australians, and, the bike had to be "stock". With stock, that means the oil tank filler as well. So, that means get off the bike, open the seat, unscrew the tank filler, pour the oil in, reverse the process, half a lap in the pits filling, oil tank is OK again.

The simple fix is what we did, fit an S series oil pump, with the H2 wheel. The bike went the complete race on just at 7/8ths tank of oil, NO PREMIX. No performance issues.

On the H1 pump, the guts are just about the same as an H2, and the cams and ramps are interchangeable with each other, so H2 parts fit inside the H1 bodies, and vice-versa. It might also be a prudent thing to go to the Resources Pages and look at the H series oil pump end cap bulletin on the crush on the end cap sealing ring, and output revisions. Are these pumps the revised ones, or early ones? NOT hard to machine an early longer end cap to the revised distance, and that should be done if the pump doesn't have the later end dimensions. This is simply to put more crush on the sealing ring, so the pump doesn't leak, nor ingest air for the one cylinder oil line.

If the H1 pump is used on the H2 as is, I'd suggest setting it a bit richer than the last dot, and working it down as you go, SLOWLY.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:08 pm 

https://jessbikes.com/product_info.php? ... f8d257eea1

New repro cap

Stay in it when it comes on the pipe, no need to be scared...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:14 pm 

My pump is off a 71 H1 if memory serves. All I did was hook up the feed line and spin it up with a 9/32 12 point socket on my drill and held it wide open. Oil came up in all holes and I bolted it on.

Stay in it when it comes on the pipe, no need to be scared...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:57 am 

H2RTuner wrote:
Just more info.
The simple fix is what we did, fit an S series oil pump, with the H2 wheel. The bike went the complete race on just at 7/8ths tank of oil, NO PREMIX. No performance issues.

Wow interesting, I didn't know an S series pump will bolt up to an H2 or H1. Nice tip!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:23 am 

Hawaii-Mike wrote:
H2RTuner wrote:
Just more info.

Wow interesting, I didn't know an S series pump will bolt up to an H2 or H1. Nice tip!

The cam rotation is different ( possibly a difference in the cam profile, I don't know)

Jeff

Attachment:
1006181342-00.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:52 am 

JRD wrote:
The cam rotation is different ( possibly a difference in the cam profile, I don't know)

I believe the cam is symmetrical, so it doesn't matter which way you turn it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:14 am 

Jim is correct, the wheel sets the start positioning to the piston, left of center, or right of center, and the stroke volume.

Please stop trying to make me out as some sort of liar, it doesn't sit well with me at all. I was there, you weren't.