Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:27 pm 

Mark the Owner of R&D Motorsports asked me to post this, I think JCSNOOK and MOO can also testify to his work.......this guy is a wizard and has forgetton more than most of us know about transmissions :shock:

He builds drag bike trans, road racer's, bonneville and street bikes all around the world......he likes to talk and explains in detail what he is going to do (best read the motometal manual before you call, so you know what he is talking about).......he is at 727-447-4552 in Clearwater, Florida

My H2B trans was in really bad shape and actually locked in gear on me in the driveway after Mid-Ohio, I knew it done.

Best to let him tell you what parts you wil need to replace, I order two gears at $189 each, but only needed one, sold the other

He undercut all the gears, re-welded and bushed a couple, makes his own shims (shim's looser than stock), new circlips, shotpeened and made his own special shift claw that won't allow you to overshift and keeps the shift arm from riding up and maring the shift drum.......I had him go all out.......Installed new KOYO trans bearings from Redline...he also chased and cleaned every thread in the cases, even the oil line holes......impressive.....cost $1228 but worth it.....3 to 6 weeks depending on parts needed

THX Phil Mosher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:53 pm 

Mark does nice work, best street H2 transmissions available, I love them.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:31 pm 

Bill B..........thats a fact man :!: .........I just took it out and let it rip :shock: ..........stunning difference in how it shifts........and the shift claw is pretty neat so it won't overshift......runs like strong.......money well spent (don't think it will run with your bike though :lol: )

Thanks again for the tip on the cylinder tourque.......I used the copper base gaskets........24 ft lbs as you guys suggested

Are you in Dallas........lived there for 28 years.......really miss it :!:

THX Phil