Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:00 am 

I have to say that this reed conversion kit from Aylor engineering is really worth the money. IF you have a triple that is heavily ported and has no bottom end then the reed kit brings that all back, and thensome.

The kit is easy to install, and requires some minimal rotary filing to get the blocks to fit into the stock inlet tract of your cylinders. I did the 500 kit.

Workmanship of the product is excellent, far surpassing all expectations on quality

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:10 am 
Site Admin

MadKaw wrote:
I have to say that this reed conversion kit from Aylor engineering is really worth the money. IF you have a triple that is heavily ported and has no bottom end then the reed kit brings that all back, and thensome.

The kit is easy to install, and requires some minimal rotary filing to get the blocks to fit into the stock inlet tract of your cylinders. I did the 500 kit.

Workmanship of the product is excellent, far surpassing all expectations on quality

Thanks for that MK!

I didn't want to be first to list here, but your post works! :P

Here is my site, I do a bit with triple motors, and fiberglass bodywork......... ;)

http://www.3cyl.com/mraxl/aylor/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:19 pm 

here they are installed. pretty easy to do as long as you have the correct rotary file
you need these

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:36 pm 

I love my Moo reeds and I'm not just saying that cause Johns a good friend. They really work. If I had to do my h2 again I would send my barrels to him though, he's much better at it than me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:55 pm 
Site Admin

BarryB wrote:
I love my Moo reeds and I'm not just saying that cause Johns a good friend. They really work. If I had to do my h2 again I would send my barrels to him though, he's much better at it than me.

Thanks guys, i knew you would like the difference! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:07 am 

Your craftsmanship is incredible Moo, I wish I had your talent.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:46 pm 

Hey Moo

Wow would love a set for my 71h1a, can you expand (for me) on what's involved and the cost, can they be installed with just carb removal etc etc

Thanks
Moo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:07 pm 
Site Admin

auberry71h1 wrote:
Hey Moo

Wow would love a set for my 71h1a, can you expand (for me) on what's involved and the cost, can they be installed with just carb removal etc etc

Thanks
Moo

Here is my website: http://www.3cyl.com/mraxl/aylor/

And it is a bit more involved, as you are totally changing the way the motor works.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:59 pm 

auberry71h1 wrote:
Hey Moo

Thanks
Moo

my H1 is going to be picked up soon, if you come down the hill to Fresno I'll show you mine and explain the process- jan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:19 am 

Hi,

we held up our German Triples Meeting this weekend. I finshed two bikes with reed kits from John 2 days before we ride to the meeting. It's an S1A with 400 engine and my special H1. It was the first ride out on the S1A for my girlfriend with the reeds.
I didn't have the time to finish the fine tuning before the meeting. John gave me some tips for the carbs, but for the 500 I couldn't get the parts before the meeting, because Mikuni Germany were on holidays at the time I need the parts. So the 500 wasn't finish and the 400 ran's okay.
We had a traditional dragrace at the weekend and my girlfriend got the first place in class 350-400. If I'm correct that's the first time that a women wins a class since the 30 years of German club racing. The bike doesn't work perfect but it was enough for the others.
Second place goes to another fast women.
First palce in 750 goes to "Leo", also the second place in "500" goes to Leo. I don't know where I landed. We will get the times later. My bike was fast, but my starts are very bad, like every year. I'm not a good drag racer, like Leo. He starts always perfect. So many thanks to John for his help and very good equipment. I let you know when bikes where complete finished how they work with the reeds, but what I can say today it's great.

All the best from Germany
Ralf