Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 6:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:14 pm 

Jeff,

Good for you! Looking to the future, do you have any pic's of the T500 pipes? I currently have a T500 waiting for me to find some spare time to work on the engine and when I do I am going to need a set for it as a 2 stroke, any 2 stroke without them just sounds blah.

Don

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:40 pm 

Jeff wrote:
oxford wrote:
Will there be any options to order these in a non-welded cone kit?

Not really. If you are doing something really strange, let me know and we'll figure something out. In your case, you could probably just bring your bike to Shawnee on the Delaware and we'll fit up what you need.

No it shouldn,t be anything really strange, was just looking to save some bucks and have it welded myself. I talked with you a while back, I think I still have your number, I'll give you a call when the time comes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:37 pm 

don k wrote:
Jeff,

Good for you! Looking to the future, do you have any pic's of the T500 pipes? I currently have a T500 waiting for me to find some spare time to work on the engine and when I do I am going to need a set for it as a 2 stroke, any 2 stroke without them just sounds blah.

Don

I have one set left. $400.00. They'll need to be stripped and repainted. I didn't heat cure the paint and then it rained. The pipes look like the ones on the bike in the pic...I didn't heat cure them either :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:48 pm 

oxford wrote:
Jeff wrote:
oxford wrote:
Will there be any options to order these in a non-welded cone kit?

Not really. If you are doing something really strange, let me know and we'll figure something out. In your case, you could probably just bring your bike to Shawnee on the Delaware and we'll fit up what you need.

No it shouldn,t be anything really strange, was just looking to save some bucks and have it welded myself. I talked with you a while back, I think I still have your number, I'll give you a call when the time comes.

No savings there. With a standard set of pipes, once the cones are formed and welded, welding it up to the bike is quick. The hard work is making the cones.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:08 am 

A word to the wise.....be careful. When your business is DEPENDENT on a single vendor or employee to get product out the door....BAD things can and often do happen. I don't care how enthusiastic this Scott may be....5 or 10 sets of pipes down the road you might end up looking for a welder again...best to have a back up plan if he flakes or decides it's not enough profit and quits, etc

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:19 pm 

Lurking

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:46 pm 

TurboChris wrote:
A word to the wise.....be careful. When your business is DEPENDENT on a single vendor or employee to get product out the door....BAD things can and often do happen. I don't care how enthusiastic this Scott may be....5 or 10 sets of pipes down the road you might end up looking for a welder again...best to have a back up plan if he flakes or decides it's not enough profit and quits, etc

This is great advice.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:05 pm 

My thought would be... a weldup kit would be good in case there was some trouble down the road, I'm sure everyone realizes building the cones is the biggest part, but also life has a way of stealing time from everybodys plans, and from my experiance people are very impatient, so if it were me I would try to have something that would satisfy the customer and there a alot of people here who want pipes....so remember if you stuff the whole burger in your mouth there is no room to chew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:46 am 

would have like to used this set of pipes but when i tried to start it for the first time it bent a rod. now Fast by Gast has got my motor. i think its a good choice he said he does about 12 a year had has his own FbG/weisco pistons and copper gaskets.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:37 am 

Hey jeff put me down for a set of those pipes for a T500.I hope to get started on mine again soon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next