Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:09 pm 

I'm offering bushing service for sloppy shifter linkage. I'll drill, ream, install brass bushings and ream to correct size.

The small shifter bushing and the shifter arm will be $10 each, the adjustment block assembly will be $25 for the assembly and the large shifter bushing will be $30.
The entire shifter linkage package price with new pins will be $75. plus shipping & insurance Please include the entire shifter with pins, washers and E clips plus the shifter bolt so I fit and assemble your refurbished shifter.

Stainless steel pins are now included in the price.

I am currently tooled up for the later H1/H2 8 mm shifter linkage pins and H2 shifters with 18mm shifter pivot bolt .
I can also do the 6mm early ('69-'72) H1 shifter linkage as I have reamers and bushing stock for them now.

Shipping and insurance extra, the parts will fit in the small priority box. ( H2 shifters will fit the small box)
H1 shifters are longer and require the medium priority box.

Please contact me at ???JRDerstine??@??gmail.com??? for shipping address. ( remove all "?" for correct email address )
USPS money order preferred payment but will accept PayPal if you pay the fees ( 2.9% plus .30 )

Thanks
Jeff

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am also offering this bushing service to kick starters. I will disassemble, drill ream and install bushings, ream to correct size and make a new stainless steel pin for $40. Please include the entire shifter ( pinch bolt not needed ) so I can return your refurbished shifter ready to mount back on your triple.

Shipping and insurance extra. If you get both the kicker and shifter done, you'll save on shipping since they will ship in one box.

Last edited by JRD on Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:45 pm 

+1 Jeff and thank you.

I can attest to the quality and fitment - mine were very sloppy, sent to Jeff and they came back perfect :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:37 am 

My assembly was quite sloppy as well. Jeff's service provides solid shifts with positive gear engagement. Immediate satisfaction. A great maintenance upgrade for us all. :clap:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:34 pm 

I had Jeff provide this service for my H2. With bike on side or center stand AND not running in neutral position, reach down and gently wiggle your shifter for up/ down and side to side play. If it is wobbly, then you have worn bushings and need for Jeff to work his magic on your parts. Chances are that is has worn bushings since these bikes have some age to them. After Jeff's shifter service, my H2 shifts feel nice/ tight and it shifts as good as my modern 4 stroke bike! Folks, this is money well spent. Thank you Jeff for helping out the triple community with this and other services you provide! :thumbup:

“Jeff and Chris are THE MEN!”
RIP John E. Evans

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:41 pm 

I am also offering this bushing service to kick starters. I will disassemble, drill ream and install bushings and ream to correct size for $25. A new stainless steel pin can be purchased for $15

Shipping extra

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:10 pm 

Just sent you a email Jeff, my shifter linkage is pretty worn.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:07 pm 

I will email you later tonight Jeff as I want to mail you my H2 kicker for the full treatment. I'll tag it to our other mail string when you serviced my shifter. Thanks!

“Jeff and Chris are THE MEN!”
RIP John E. Evans

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:17 pm 

Had Jeff do mine and it's great. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:39 pm 

I have a couple of sets I would like done. I plan on recroming them though. Would it be better to chrome first or after you've done the bushings? Also have an NOS shifter that seems to have been drilled wrong and the opening is 10mm I think. Any chance of putting a bushing in it so I can use it? Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:26 pm 

h2smokin wrote:
I have a couple of sets I would like done. I plan on recroming them though. Would it be better to chrome first or after you've done the bushings? Also have an NOS shifter that seems to have been drilled wrong and the opening is 10mm I think. Any chance of putting a bushing in it so I can use it? Thanks

Yes I can make a custom sized bushing to make it work. I also would highly suggest a custom pin with a larger head ( it's hidden on the back side anyway ) as a safety precaution to cover the bushing.

Best would be to drill and ream for bushings and send them back to you for plating. After plating, send them to me for bushing installation and fitting to the pins. This reduces the chance of the plating lifting when I drill and ream the parts.

I make pins out of 300 series stainless steel so chroming them would not be necessary.

Jeff