Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 1:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:37 am 

This H2 crank was finished today. I cant get it any straighter than it is. rebuilt with all new parts and ready for a new lifetime of service for one of our board members H2 he is currently building.
Here is an example of some of the quality parts I offer on my Kawasaki Triple crankshaft rebuilds.
I prefer to use good quality parts as I think its money well spent to insure not having to redue
your crank with seals or bearings that might cause problems before its time. I have lab seals that made
in the US as well as the reliable K&S rubber seals . These are the same ones we all use for outer seals.
Bearings come in all grades and quality. Some rods can be reused after a complete inspection of the
important surfaces or replace the rods for the long haul. I will do it your way and budget. Some folks
want to premix some dont. Some want all non rotating bearings . I can help with advise on shipping
methods . I do have some outright cranks and misc parts if yours is needings parts. I have many
great running engines out there running and racing with cranks Ive rebuilt. I have a reasonable turnaround
but only do them as if I was going to use the crank in one of my engines. I do help in coaching or advise on
assembly of the engine as well. This is where the whole thing starts as far as if you engine is going to run correct,
run smooth and make you top end last.
Thanks Porschedave

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:13 am 

nice plug

I am doing the same thing in the UK :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:06 pm 

Here is a phone picture I took this morning to explain what happens to the bearing surface
on an H1 rod pin and rod bearing surface.
It can appear ok until its taken apart and inspected. This occurs after the crank sits for years as the
steel needle bearings corrode the surface. it is so deep you can feel it with your fingernail.This is why
the rods become unuseable.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:41 pm 

It is called either "brinellng", or, etching. Can come from anything from rust eating the metal, to chemical erosion, to actual physical damage continuing. In the long run, if this condition was to continue, eventually, the rod bearing roller clearances would get too loose, and stop rolling in the rod, over the pin. Compression pressures would cause the rollers to flatten out, increasing rod to pin clearances, and possible big end rod failure/breakage. NOT GOOD.