Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:29 pm 

I installed a set of braided lines on my H2 today and I thought I'd share these pictures.

The lines were made by Raymond at Apex Brakes. The top line is about 13 inches end to end. The bottom line has the same dimensions as a stock H2 (he has brake line dimensions available). I am running Bike Master Daytona bars with a 3 inch rise, these lines fit just right. For the top line, the banjo orientation is 90 degrees. For more information about fittings and banjo orientation, click here: http://apexbrakes.com/custom.asp

He charges about $22 per line. Shipping is $15. I decided to order two sets of lines at the same time to save on shipping. One set for the H2 and the other for the KH400. Total cost for the four hoses and shipping was $102.75. The kit includes banjo bolts and aluminum washers. I have read that it's better to use copper washers and I used my own. I chose black colored hoses, he offers other colors including clear.

I have put Apex Brake lines on several other bikes, including my KZ900 and a KZ1000 with dual discs. Raymond has the best prices I've found anywhere and his lines look and perform great.

http://apexbrakes.com/

ImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:17 am 

+1 on Apex brakes. I've ordered many lines from them for many bikes. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:10 am 

Thanks for the info Mike, I just ordered a set for my 72 with EX500 calipers.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:45 pm 

Does anyone know if someone offers stainless braided lines with stainless banjo fittings? Most seem to have zinc plated fittings.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:37 pm 

Hawaii-Mike wrote:

H2E-432020 By any chance ? :eh:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:36 pm 

Motor part number is H2E 43402.

The previous owner lived in Lincoln, Nebraska and he owned it for many years.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:16 am 

67lotus49 wrote:
Thanks for the info Mike, I just ordered a set for my 72 with EX500 calipers.

Really? Was it a custom brake line from the caliper to the splitter then, or did you go from caliper to master? I'm going to use the same setup, but haven't gotten around to ordering lines yet. I was wondering how to go about it.

Good info Mike. I assume just call Apex then, and they will talk you thru it?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:44 am 

Jim wrote:
Does anyone know if someone offers stainless braided lines with stainless banjo fittings? Most seem to have zinc plated fittings.

Venhill does stainless lines, and fittings, Jim. They do chrome plated fittings too, I think. They have the advantage of having adjustable ends - you tighten them after fitting on the bike, gives a neat twist free job! http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u63 ... b83848.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:37 am 

Thanks Rod. I checked their site. Maybe I can live with plated. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:30 pm 

Quote:
Really? Was it a custom brake line from the caliper to the splitter then, or did you go from caliper to master? I'm going to use the same setup, but haven't gotten around to ordering lines yet. I was wondering how to go about it.

Good info Mike. I assume just call Apex then, and they will talk you thru it?

Yes I did 2-line kits for both the H2 and the KH400. He will walk you through it, but it might be easier if you reference my order if you're getting H2 lines. My handlebars are Daytona (I think) - about 3 inch rise, a bit higher than superbike bars. The lines are just about perfect. Raymond's lower line banjo has a bit more angle, you could go maybe 1 inch shorter on it than I did, if you want. It looks okay as is IMO.

My KH400 was in transit when I placed my order, so I couldn't take measurements, just guessed. The top line fit but the bottom line, I did same length as the H2 and it's about 2 inches longer than I would like. I'm saving it as a spare and someday will order a new bottom line for the KH400.

Or if you want to tryout this bottom line (only), I'll sell it to you at cost plus postage.