Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:40 am 

turbobob wrote:
do any of these crank guys know about orings? lol loctite big mess just did a rd 400 all oringed runs perfect

What's done here, are you machining o-ring grooves in the cases or using "NR" bearings with o-rings in place?

http://kawatriple.com/wtf/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:51 pm 

Walms wrote:
turbobob wrote:
do any of these crank guys know about orings? lol loctite big mess just did a rd 400 all oringed runs perfect

What's done here, are you machining o-ring grooves in the cases or using "NR" bearings with o-rings in place?

very simple nr bearing install orings and assemble loctite? why in the h would u want that junk all over

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:09 am 

Looked good to me charlie :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:54 am 

turbobob wrote:
Walms wrote:
turbobob wrote:

very simple nr bearing install orings and assemble loctite? why in the h would u want that junk all over

I suppose that could work, you'd want to be careful sizing the o-ring or you could end up preloading the bearing more than desired. Another downside is the NR bearings do not come with any other features, such as polyamide cages, something I decided to go with this rebuild.
I used red loctite the last rebuild without issue but I'll be following LC's lead with the 610 product this time around.

http://kawatriple.com/wtf/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:13 am 

Walms wrote:
turbobob wrote:
Walms wrote:
turbobob wrote:

I suppose that could work, you'd want to be careful sizing the o-ring or you could end up preloading the bearing more than desired. Another downside is the NR bearings do not come with any other features, such as polyamide cages, something I decided to go with this rebuild.
I used red loctite the last rebuild without issue but I'll be following LC's lead with the 610 product this time around.

I would suggest you use Loctite 620. It retains full strength at the working temperatures found in our engines.
Also it has 1 hour curing time so you won't be in such a hurry when assembling.