Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 8:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: CDI box plating
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:03 am 

Working on getting some boxes done for you guys each set of boxes are $50 plus shipping. The catch is I need to get 4 sets done at a time right now tell he loosens up a little and lets me start going under his minimum. Boxes would have to be cleaned out of all debris and electronics as you can get the insides done from jim. I noticed on mine any scratches show through a little as plating is like paint the final product is only as good as the prep. What I had done is had him cad plate and zinc plate everything on my bike ie nuts, bolts, axles, gauge cups, steering stabilizer but not the part with the plastic, brake stay and such but he included my cad plating in the batch wich as far as I can figure was the cdi boxes, overflow hose holder, petcock on off plate, and such. even my old crusty motor mount bolts came out good. The only thing he couldn't plate was the chain oiler it's self as it's aluminum but everything else came out great. So I asked him how much for the boxes and he said he could do 4 complete sets for his minimum so the pictures are there 1 person already wants a set done so when I get 3 more will get them done but for now will have to do runs of 4 at a time or complete replating of all zinc and cadium of 1 bike for $200. Heres the pics of some of my stuff I had done cause I allready put a bunch on the bike. Thanks and heres Jims sight for the inside rebuilding of your boxes. Thanks
http://lakeserv.net/kaw/index.html

Post subject: Re: CDI box plating
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:05 am 

Got 3 comming in the next few weeks and yes it's real plating not paint. :D