Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:19 am 

I restore original Kawasaki Triple Gauges to Concours Quality. This service is far less expensive than buying NOS gauges as they are getting extremely rare and very expensive. I can restore your gauges and I also sell some restored gauges ready to go. Your gauges will appear as new and be inspected, lubed, and calibrated to read accurately. I have developed many special tools and press cylinders to disassemble, reassemble and renew these gauges. I only restore Kawasaki Triple gauges. I reset odometers to 0 or whatever mileage you request, I repair broken trip meter axels, replace glass lenses, apply new face decals, repaint indicator needles, glass buffers, and gauge cans. I have restored over 250 gauges to date and have become quite proficient at it. I Guarantee all my gauges for 6 months. Current lead time is about 1 week.

I too am a Triple enthusiast and I restore complete bikes as well, due to buying many NOS gauges that neither worked properly, didn't come with any warranty, and cost a small fortune; I decided to repair gauges and I actually enjoy it, I am retired so I am willling to offer this service to others.

I offer very fair prices! Prices start at $110 for a complete restoration as shown in the pictures below. Which will include:

1) Disassemble unit; inspect drive, fluid damper, and mechanism.
2) Strip and repaint gauge can, indicator needle, glass baffle, face screws; all paint is oven baked for durability.
3) Remove silkscreen from faceplate, paint and bake faceplate, install new correct applique.
4) Polish glass bezel and beauty ring if supplied, renew or replace glass gasket.
5) Lube vital parts, check calibration; adjust as needed.
6) Install new glass lense, compress bezel to be water tight.
7) Apply green sealant on gauge drive joint and screws just like Nippon Seiki did originally.
8) Clean odometer and trip numbers, reset odometer to 0 miles.
9) If broken: replace speedometer trip axel and knob This will add $30 to price.
10) Give gauge final inspection and retest calibration for smooth movement and accurate readings.

Sheared trip odometer axles on early '69-'71 H1 speedometers are not repairable.

It take about 5 hours to restore a gauge to NOS appearance. All gauges restored are well packed for safe shipping back and warranteed for 6 months.

Contact me via message or call 407 323-3597 and I will send you a detailed current price list, a Scope Of Work that entails my services, shipping address with instructions, and additional pictures if you like.

I am also interested in bartering old triple gauges for parts or to restore, let me know what you have!

Please Contact me for more information or with any questions; you will be glad you did! :thumbup:

Phone me at 407 323-3597 8-8 EST or email me bikenut7172@aol.com

Last edited by donfulsang on Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:32 pm, edited 11 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:11 am 

Please post some pictures of your "works in progress", completed gauges, etc. Thanks! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:13 pm 

Met Don the other day. He was nice enough to open his doors and show me his collection of bikes. Very nice. The work he does is top notch and he takes alot of care with the gauge restoration process he has. I would highly recommend it. It is a ton of work for not alot of money. I hope the friendship I have with Don will last for many years to come. Thanks Don.
Thad Q.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:17 pm 

NICE work! :clap: :clap: My only comment would be that there should be more of an ugly splurge of green paint around the Thread boss/casing - But BIG tick for you! VERY Impressed! - Are the '69 H1 meters the same cost as the other H1 / H2 meters ?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:37 pm 

that is top work,well done! :clap:

Last edited by kas750 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:58 pm 

Very nice...and if you're doing it in 5 hours, you're also quite efficient at it. Just to clarify, the price is per gauge, not per set (I'm sure of this, just wanted to bring it up - just in case).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:34 pm 

those look GREAT!!

Do you have any pics of the back side of a restored Early H1 gauge? Im curious as to how the rear of the stainless bezel looks after reassembly since it has no rubber visor to hide re-crimp marks....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:50 pm 

Those look fantastic :thumbup: How accurate can you get a tach throughout its range?.......just curious

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:13 pm 

R.B. wrote:
NICE work! :clap: :clap: My only comment would be that there should be more of an ugly splurge of green paint around the Thread boss/casing - But BIG tick for you! VERY Impressed! - Are the '69 H1 meters the same cost as the other H1 / H2 meters ?

Thanks for the compliment. The 1969-1971 gauges are $125 each.
Don

Last edited by donfulsang on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:15 pm 

garand1944 wrote:
Those look fantastic :thumbup: How accurate can you get a tach throughout its range?.......just curious

I calibrate them at 10,500 RPM on my lathe. If they are off at idle or redline it should be less than 3%.

Don

Last edited by donfulsang on Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.