Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:17 pm 

Zambia wrote:
Very nice...and if you're doing it in 5 hours, you're also quite efficient at it. Just to clarify, the price is per gauge, not per set (I'm sure of this, just wanted to bring it up - just in case).

Yes the price quote is per gauge. Somebody may only need one gauge done so it works best this way.

Don

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:28 pm 

They look outstanding, and a very good price too.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:59 pm 

Yep I got a Tacho for my 75 H2 and it is perfect. Looks NOS and good job too as it has to sit next to a NOS speedo.
Can't recommend his gauge work enough...... :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:23 pm 

Beautiful work. Pricing seems extremely fair.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:20 am 

i am impressed !! can you also convert MPH to KMH speedos ?

70 H1 project

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:51 pm 

H2viking wrote:
i am impressed !! can you also convert MPH to KMH speedos ?

I would guess Don would simply use one of the decals currently available, for instance from http://www.diablocycle.com/H1-1969-1971-Gauge-Faces-Decals-KH1-70-500-GKM.html in Canada:

Donald Fulsang bikenut7172@aol.com Sanford FL 32773 USA 407-323-3597 Gauge Restoration

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:08 am 

The conversion from MPH to KPH has issues. The needle will read incorrectly as the two different faces don't line up to match. The odometer will also read in miles not Kilometers. Nippon Seiki supplied a kilometer gauge to Kawasaki for the metric countries that was geared differently to read in both KPH and register kilo's on the odometers.

I want to thank everyone for their Gauge business; this winter you have kept me very busy and being retired I can use the extra income. Especially since my health Insurance doubled thanks to "OBAMADOESN"TCARE" I will keep restoring your gauges as long as I am able. I also appreciate the pictures most of you have shared of your finished projects.

"LONG LIVE THE TRIPLES"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:42 am 

In Australia, you could get a H2-A with Metric OR MPH speedo - I have both, and if you took them apart 30 years ago, there is No-Way to guess them back together correctly, (i.e. correct face and correct gearbox!) Unless somebody knows something I don't!!! :thumbdown:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:06 am 

RODH2 wrote:
there is No-Way to guess them back together correctly, (i.e. correct face and correct gearbox!) Unless somebody knows something I don't!!! :thumbdown:

The KPH gearing is Green as opposed to White on the MPH - Well, on the Zeds it is and I assume also on the triples :think:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:54 pm 

^ Unfortunately not so, as far as triples go - and they also 'look' the same as the tacho gearing, if you put dis-assembled parts into a box 30 years ago! (yeah, I know!) One day I'll count all the teeth on all the gears, and try and come to a conclusion......... :think:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next