Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:29 am 

Being that my 72h2 handbook was used for the repop makes it nice as I can put the original away for safe keeping and not being torn up and then paying an outragious price for a beat up used one. Eric did a fantastic job for me and would recomend his manuals to anyone. It seems everone on ebay when it gets to articals and manuals on most triples especialy H2 models jack the price up and ride the gravy train why the rest of us that love these old bikes get stuck for that one bolt or maybe a manual. Thank god for people like eric and everyone that has helped me around here to put my poor h2 that got stripped many years ago by some sole that could care less. So to all that has helped me thanks again guys.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:27 pm 

COOPS wrote:
Well its about time i did a good deed.
Ive got a nice example of H1D owners manual if you would like too copy it... Well its supposed too be NOS, and i bought it off UK ebay, cost me an arm and a leg. It is like new, but a couple of the pages have been bent and a couple of the pages have fingerprints and the staples are a bit rusty, but other than that, its like new. It has only been used maybe 3 times :lol:
PM me if your interested Eric
Steve.

STEVE - I sent you a PM, sorry I have not been on this board in a while (I finally "subscribed" to this thread so I will be informed of posts). If you click the link below you will see all the handbooks I now have for sale, to include all the H1 models from 1969 - 1972 and all the H2 models, which were produced from 1972 - 1975.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/ericsattic/ ... rom=&_ipg=

I do not want to bore anyone or cry the blues but the bottom line is the way this project works is that once I have made a so-called "profit" I simply take that cash and then reproduce another handbook. When I look at my tally of books sold so far I still have to sell quite a number of any books I have reproduced to pay for the production of the last one I did, which is the 1975 H2C. Once I pay for that, I will then move on to the 1973 H1D. I am very fortunate to have four two-stroke bikes with complete tool kits and original owner's manuals. But original owner's manuals are hard to find. And, my bikes are "riders" (not show bikes) so I like to carry reproduction handbooks on them - NOT the originals. Those are the two reasons that I think warrant reproduction of the rider's handbooks / owner's manuals. More to follow on some other topics but have to run right now! Regards to all, Eric

1984 Yamaha RZ350L (Kenny Roberts Edition)
1970 Suzuki T500 - III (current project)
1968 Suzuki T500 Cobra

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:17 pm 

I got one as a gift, super nice man!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:37 pm 

just got one of erics H1D owners handbook.
top shelf for quality :thumbup:
cheers mark

73 KAWASAKI H1 (Sold).
82 YAMAHA RD350LC
2000 KAWI KDX200H
2001 Triumph TT600

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:04 pm 

Thanks to all for the kind words about these handbook reproductions. There is alot more involved with this handbook reproduction project than I anticipated when I got started, and the reproductions may not be 100% accurate with regard to the cover paper stock in some instances. But overall they have come out pretty good and they serve their purpose in replacing something that has generally been lost or destroyed over the years (or for those that have originals the reproductions are good to have on the bike while the original is in a safe place at home). Regards, Eric

1968 Suzuki T500 Cobra

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:21 am 

I got one of Eric's H2C manuals and must say it is very nice. Awaiting the return of my H1D manual used to create his latest batch of H1D reproductions- along with some other goodies :D ;) .

When do you expect to take delivery of your H2C Eric? What a nice bike that looks to be...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:48 pm 

jcsnook wrote:
I got one of Eric's H2C manuals and must say it is very nice. Awaiting the return of my H1D manual used to create his latest batch of H1D reproductions- along with some other goodies :D ;) .

When do you expect to take delivery of your H2C Eric? What a nice bike that looks to be...

The price of the bike included shipping and original delivery was promised during August; but I am trying to work something else out right now and I am hoping to receive the bike some time during July. That is all I know right now but I will keep you posted. Ironically, the delayed delivery is actually a good thing because my garage is a mess and I am working on getting a shed up to clear out the non-essential stuff (lawn mower, snow blower, yard tools, etc...). Unfortunately I have to get approval from my Home Owner's Association to put the shed up :( Man, what I could do with a few acres with a house and pole barn out in the boonies!

1968 Suzuki T500 Cobra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:30 am 

Eric,

I will be buying one of your H2B handbooks next month (already over budget this month according to the chairman of the board). Am hoping you will also reproduce the Owner's Warranty Handbook. My original is dated March 1974.

Thanx, Rusty34

3 H2's, all stock
Seats by Tony O'Connor, they're gorgeous
H2B, converted to H2C
75 Paint & Decals by Brian H
75 Euro Seat by Tony O'Connor
Eldorado Motorcycle Seats, Australia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:15 am 

rusty34 wrote:
Eric,

I will be buying one of your H2B handbooks next month (already over budget this month according to the chairman of the board). Am hoping you will also reproduce the Owner's Warranty Handbook. My original is dated March 1974.

Thanx, Rusty34

Thank YOU so very much for the post Rusty34. I do not come on this or the other boards anywhere near as often as I would like, mainly because of the chairman, er... chairwoman, of the board I must also answer to! Hopefully that will change during the winter but a bit of an update on these handbooks is due right now. First, all the reproduction handbooks are shown here with the most recently completed being the 1973 H1D.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/ericsattic/m.ht ... 4340.l2562

I would really like to reproduce the Owner's Warranty Handbook but it's highly unlikely before at least 2014. I actually had my printer examine it and give me a price to reproduce it and it was very cost prohibitive. Keep in mind those warranty books came with only the 1974 and 1975 triples models. And, I would probably sell less warranty handbooks than owners manuals themselves. For example, in real round figures I have to sell between at least 40 and 50 reproduction handbooks just to pay for the production costs and other expenses related to the initial reproduction and related expenses of any given handbook (the total cost to reproduce 100 books plus feeBay and paypal fees, shipping expenses, etc...). Some handbook editions are real blockbuster sellers like the 1972 H2. That's because that model is highly collectible and they produced lots of H2s that year. Same thing for the 1969 H1 though there were not many of those models made. However, some handbook editions are a real bust like the 1973 H1D and the 1974 H2B. I would love to own either of those bikes but fact of the matter is they are not at the top of the triples collectible list. Proof in that statement is that I have sold less than ten H1D books to date and if I remember correctly only around 25 H2B books. In fact, I have sold just 35 of the highly collectible H2C handbooks to date. Those numbers are in stark contrast to over 100 1972 H2 books. So that is why when I average everything out, I have NOT made a profit on these handbooks, which by the way was never my intention in the first place. Right now my "profit" to date will not even pay for the reproduction cost of the next book in the program, which should be the 1974 H1E. However, if I do not sell more H1D books that might not happen, which is why I may never be able to reproduce the owners warranty handbooks. I am NOT complaining here, just trying to lay out all the facts for those interested. But, never say never so let's just wait a while and see how many reproduction books sell in the coming months. Regards, Eric

1968 Suzuki T500 Cobra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:58 am 

Thank you Eric,

For pointing out I should make a slight correction... it is "chairwoman" rules we are attempting to observe here also and we do sometimes get into the gray area. Point well taken on costs involved with your reproduction work. Even if a profit is hard to realize in some cases folks must realize you cannot provide nice products and operate out of pocket at a loss for long. Interest in vintage Kawasaki triples appears to be on the rise around the globe so it seems sales of your reproduction handbooks ought to start increasing soon also. It just makes sense to have a copy of your handbook available for use with the bike or have on board for completeness and keep the original put away for safety. Two restored H2's appeared on eBay recently; one sold for $13.4K while the other bid up to $14K and did not meet the reserve and it's currently re-listed. Are vintage Japanese motorcycles taking off in a similar fashion to the muscle car craze of a few years ago?

Regards, Rusty34

3 H2's, all stock
Seats by Tony O'Connor, they're gorgeous
H2B, converted to H2C
75 Paint & Decals by Brian H
75 Euro Seat by Tony O'Connor
Eldorado Motorcycle Seats, Australia