Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:34 pm 

Okay, the Harbor Freight Chock - US General 97841 (I think) - I had obtained a coupon off ebay for a super low price of $45.99, which is a MUCH better deal than their sale price of $69.99! I put aside the included tie-down bar, got a galvanized angle from the neighborhood hardware store (mom & pop, not HD or Lowe's), and put a bolt in the middle as well as used the removeable bed tie-down hooks at the ends all bolted through the bed.
It's suggested you do NOT allow the front wheel to rest on the floor, but instead sit just off of it in order to allow easier removal of the bike (blue arrow). I also wanted to have the bike positioned as close to the front of the bed as possible, so I drilled one set of holes for the pivot cradle to accomplish this (rearward red arrow - the forward red arrow indicates original position as well as desired forward position of the chock).
I raised the angle piece just enough so that the pre-drilled holes aligned with the chock frame holes, and this set-up allows me to easily reposition the chock side-to-side if needed.
The angle piece is mainly there to keep the chock from moving fore and aft, when parking or removing the bike, and I place a small 2x3 piece of wood between the angle piece and front bed wall to help support any forward movement. It's perfectly secure and stable, the chock holds the bike upright so you don't have to try to tie it down while balancing the bike, and you also don't have to cinch down nearly as tight on the suspension as you do w/o the chock, because the front of the bike isn't going anywhere except a little up and down.
I use these through the bed tie-down hooks at all four corners, and the hooks are unscrewable if you need to get them out of the way, but I'm just going to leave them in full-time.
I also use the tie-down straps and put one through the frame at the head stock.
and at the rear I place them here which positions the tie-downs perfectly for the rear anchor points.
And when not in use, the rears can just be rotated inwards and the seat closed.
So far this Ryder Shift Sock helped to make shifting more comfortable on the foot, and simply slips onto the shift lever.
http://www.powersportsuperstore.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=ryder+shift+sock