Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:57 pm 

I just got a mesh jacket from these guys for $99 delivered. It's very well made with a removable, very secure waterproof lining. Since the warm weather is on the way, I thought someone else here might be interested. Here's the link: Mesh Jacket at motorcyclegear.com The size seems true to the chart.

Thanks Dale, for the link in the vendor's section of the resource site. It's the 2nd thing I've gotten from them, and the prices were great both times I ordered.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:00 pm 

+1 on their deals and service. I found out about them when I won a gift certificate on another site I frequent. When they have a closeout they have a closeout price as well :thumbup: unlike most vendors

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:12 pm 

Jim in the woods, I am so happy about your recent purchase. Why? well I fugure if it is mesh it should breath which should allow some of the unwanted odor to be removed. Have a good day Jim in the woods. Your welcome. :e11

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:16 pm 

Well, it's good to hear from you, Iron. But I have to say that if you're riding in front of me, and happen to be exuding an odor, which of course, is hard to imagine, I'd rather you be in a very secure non-mesh jacket.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:30 pm 
Site Admin

Competion accessories is having closeouts on some great stuff. Kevlar reinforced pants for 69.00 (20.00 off) I just got mine today. Perfect fit, and very nice....... :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:40 pm 

Oh yeah... I got my Kevlar jeans from motorcyclegear.com too, so this is my 3rd order from them. Their customer service was very good on the jeans. They were out of stock and cancelled my order, but when I emailed them, the CS guy offered to let me know when they came in, and then reactivated the order and shipped them without making me reorder.

Now that you have a pair, we can have a competition at DG to see who can slide on his butt farther.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:51 pm 

Thanks Jim in the Woods. I love you too. :thumbup:

EDIT; Just don't include me in the F/F again this year.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:52 pm 

Arn, we are counting on you to play FF.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:59 pm 

Nice Jacket, wish they could make stuff a little more subdued. I bought an economy leather jacket from cyclegear. Pretty nice with removeable liner and interchangeable armor. It has "street and steel" embroidered on the back. Now my buddies call me street steel. It's hard to find a nice affordable jacket that comes with dignity these days.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:23 pm 

Yes, I know what you mean. The mesh jacket has some sewn-on logos for NGK, Dunlop, and several other companies. I'm guessing the manufacturer gets a little kickback from the companies. It looks like I can cut the stitching and get them off OK if I don't want to play "sponsored racer".

I guess when I wear the leather jacket at the meet next month, Lisa will think my name is Joe Rocket.