Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:58 pm 

Thanks Dewman. Much appreciated!

"Let's keep your crankshaft great!"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:51 am 

I have had a few inquiries with the same questions so I thought I would shoot this info out there for all.

Yes, S1, S2 and S3 crankshafts can be assembled by me with aluminum labyrinth seals (Made in the USA). Also I have had a few overseas requests. Remeber you have Gary Clark over there who rebuilds crankshafts. He is gary c on this forum.

I hope this helps :thumbup:
Thanks! And keep the questions coming :)

Edit: Typo

Last edited by triple cranks on Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:32 am 

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:13 am 

I updated my rebuild costs to include free shipping and Japanese Koyo bearings $495.00 in the 48. :D FYI

Last edited by triple cranks on Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:40 pm 

I have also provided a testimonial post to help you decide and (hopefully) put you at ease when deciding on a builder. Again, do your homework before you decide. This will be one of the most costly parts of your engine build. This is the link to the testimonial...

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=7593

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:42 pm 

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:33 pm 

For all of those who were asking, I am finally restocked with my H2 connecting rods. I have also obtained several good H2 and H1 crank cores ready to be built. I am now down to a decent turn around time. I was at about a week and am currently down to a few days. Thanks to all for your patience. :wave:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:50 pm 

triple cranks wrote:
I have few H1 and H2 crankshafts dismantled, cleaned and ready to be assembled. The cranks are very tight, non-rebuilt cranks. I will build to your specifications. The price includes labyrinth seals (very high quality made in the USA) or stock rubber seals if you prefer. The shipping is free within the 48. It is best to reach me by e-mail, triplecranks@aol.com, or by cell (443) 752-1222. The options are listed below:
H1
Option 1 – Standard grade bearings with new slotted rods $930.00
Option 2 – Koyo bearings with new slotted rods $1015.00
H2
Option 1 – Standard grade bearings with used stock non-slotted rods $740
Option 2 – Standard grade bearings with new IMS rods (slotted) $840
Option 3 – Koyo bearings with used stock non-slotted rods $825
Option 4 - Koyo bearings with new IMS rods (slotted) $925

Again, these are sold outright with no core needed.

Edit was H1 pricing. Vesrah rod price went up on me.

I was researching Koyo bearings and during my google search of "Koyo vs SKF" I came across this very interesting post on a machinists forum:

Quote:
How about this: I worked for the Navy for many years and had much to do with submarine components. Naturally sub stuff has to be very quiet so waterborne noise doesn't betray the good guys to the bad guys. That means the dozens of fans, pumps, motors, etc have to have very quiet bearings.

The Navy has pursued "quiet" to a high degree. It's accomplished by "gold plating" every detail and feature of every part of every item of sub equipment, the way it's mounted, and they way it's connected to the systems. At night when the shop was very quiet, I've walked past sub motor driven apparatus running under test to full capacity and it was so quiet the only way you could tell it was running was the ID tag was fluttering in the cooling air blast.

Most noise quiet bearings used in subs were selected and tested from Koyo over the counter stock and designated NT-3. No other world ball bearing manufacurer met Koyo's every day quality of race and ball geometr, finish, cleanliness, and consistancy.

Now is twenty years later. Things may have changed but somehow I doubt it.

I cannot vouch for the veracity but I thought some folks may have the same questions I did about Koyo bearings. All the stuff I found around the web said they were top quality. 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:41 am 

in my opinion I use either ntn or koyo
its the choice of my mentor the late Chris Ritchie and that's good enough for me :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:56 am 

Agreed

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next